You can't polish a turd, but you can paint it black

85_SS_302_Coupe

it sucks (I know) to be on the receiving end
15 Year Member
Nov 11, 2003
Northern KY
Gave my POS DD a nice crappy rattle can paint job today.

Behold... "Black Betty" as my girlfriend has named it.

attachment.php

attachment.php

No, it doesn't even look as good as you think it might look...it's the low quality phone camera and shadows making it look more than it does. BUT, believe me it's 1k times better than the crappy yellowed white that it was before this, and at least now the rust is kinda shadowed.

On a side note though, i would love to have a mint condition black Bronco II just like mine.

• Sponsors (?)

It would have looked much better....BUT, we started running low in paint so we had to take a quick drive to the store. In that short amount of time, my buddy's 6 year old decided he'd grab a can and help out by painting his name as HEAVY as you can paint it down the side of my truck :mad:

So now there are runs like crazy all through the driver's side. I might sand it down some and repaint it in spots...but really i don't know if i care that much..lol. It's an awesome running truck and i like it a lot but i'm not really too worried about the looks.

I do really really want to get a nice clean rust free Bronco II in 2wd, slam it to the ground and really stiffen up the suspension, and put a 302 and 8.8 in it and make a road racing Bronco II....i think it would be sick.

you painted it satin black:(

See that's the thing...it's really gloss black. That's how horrible it is :rlaugh: We started out with flat black, and i had a can of gloss for the wheels. I got curious and did a panel in gloss and it turned out really really good...but then when we went over all the spots that were already flat black, it just went to $hit. The wheels look pretty good though and i've got 2 beauty rings for them, i'm working on getting another 2 to match and they'll look pretty good.