you ever have trouble shifting to 2nd while turning?

ADRENLN

Apr 16, 2003
NJ
im sitting at the light turns green, im turning left and driving in 1st. when im still turning, if i try to shift to 2nd its hard to get into gear.

also this only happend like 5 times, but when im sitting at a light somtimes i cant put car into first gear to go. i have to shift to 2nd then 1st.

does this sound like the crappy 3650 tranny or a problem with my steeda short throw?........02gt by the way.

• Sponsors (?)

I think the reason you are having problems shifting while turning is because you are fighting the centrifugal force that is lifting you out of the seat. While that is happening, your right arm may be in a different postion than when you are driving straight ahead.

crap, so i guess this is just me, or the tri ax. trying to put it in first, im going strait so me sitting different is not the prob. going into second on a turn i havent not been able to get into gear, but it is very notchy, and almost grinds. :shrug: oh well drive it till it breaks

I try to avoid shifting while turning. Typically, as noted above, the car is turning and twisting, and the battle with centrifugal force causes you to have to fight the shifter. Either shift before or after the turn. This, of course, depends of the speed and the tightness of the corner you're attempting to negotiate.

This was one of my first posts, but nobody ever answered... I have problems shifting into 2nd. I also have a tinny/clunky rattle in low rpms in 2nd (under 15mph) and sometimes in first... and I have a 99... I'm thinking tranny mount..

This happened to me know. I was doing a pretty fast U-turn and tried to put it into 2nd from Neutral and it grinded twice. After I straightened out it went in. Talk about embarassing.

see im not just crazy, but this is a pain in the ass. it might just be the tri-ax i hear from other post that they are a little tough to shift, when shifting slow. i really dont remember this when i first put it in though.