you guys are lucky

metal3891

Dec 2, 2003
This is my first post, and well, i wasn't expecting it to be like this. Let me explain. After reading some of your guys' posts, i was so pumped up to start modding my car, starting with a catback. So i was going to take my 02gt in tomorrow, and just to make sure it wouldn't void my warranty, i went to my ford dealership. To my surprise, the guys i talked to said that it would in fact void my warranty and started naming off parts (exhaust manifold, intake manifold, and all these other parts) that it would effect. I didn't think they'd be so anal about a catback after reading that most of your dealers didn't care. Unfortunately, i'll probably be waiting 'till next spring when the warranty is over to start all the money spending. Maybe i'll buy some stuff for the interior for now. #### this sucks!

• Sponsors (?)

Plain and simple, take your business to another dealer. Dont stand for that crap. If you are that worried about your warrenty, then yeah you might want to wait, but another thing you could do is just order you some mufflers and get them welded in. Then what can the dealer say, you voided the warranty on the mufflers you probably left at the shop? Some dealers are understandable with basic mod, and will let you slide, others such as yours are smucks it appears.
The best thing you can do is take up for yourself and show them that you know what parts affect what on your car. Once they see that they cant blow you off with all their mumbo jumbo, they just might change their tune. I went to three different dealers before I found one that was decent, and I found them due to my speedshop. Just ask around and Im sure youll find something.
Best of luck man :nice:

StangLou said:
Plain and simple, take your business to another dealer. Dont stand for that crap. If you are that worried about your warrenty, then yeah you might want to wait, but another thing you could do is just order you some mufflers and get them welded in. Then what can the dealer say, you voided the warranty on the mufflers you probably left at the shop? Some dealers are understandable with basic mod, and will let you slide, others such as yours are smucks it appears.
The best thing you can do is take up for yourself and show them that you know what parts affect what on your car. Once they see that they cant blow you off with all their mumbo jumbo, they just might change their tune. I went to three different dealers before I found one that was decent, and I found them due to my speedshop. Just ask around and Im sure youll find something.
Best of luck man :nice:

What he said. Shop around (if you have any other Ford dealers around) until you find one who won't put the screws to you for modding your car while the warranty is still in effect. It's my understanding, though, that any exhaust mods are cool, as long as you retain the cats and don't swap out headers. Muffs and mid-pipes are *normally* overlooked mods at dealerships.