you have to be ****ing joking this is pissing me the **** off

• Sponsors (?)

status update:

the rocker arm bolts were not overtorqued, so thats out my thinking now is one of these 2:

1. The heads were milled and I wasnt told, therefore increasing PR length

OR****

2. I bought some Trick Flow valve springs, double spings good up to .600 length supposedly, are these springs too much and they and the rockers/cam is not strong enough to open well and they are breaking? This is what I am leaning towards right now, someone please tell me if this is a plausible scenario.

who setup the springs when they were installed? Are they the correct spring for a stock head? Are the springs shimmed correctly? Something is causing bind, the rocker bolts are the weakest link, so they are breaking first.

pull a valve cover, and crank the motor over by hand, and kind of inspect the valvetrain events. that'll probably tell you what is going on.

jason

mytight95 said:
who setup the springs when they were installed? Are they the correct spring for a stock head? Are the springs shimmed correctly? Something is causing bind, the rocker bolts are the weakest link, so they are breaking first.

pull a valve cover, and crank the motor over by hand, and kind of inspect the valvetrain events. that'll probably tell you what is going on.

jason

I had my mechanic put together my heads, so he knows what he is doing so they should be shimmed correctly, and they should work on a stock head, why wouldnt they :shrug: but what im asking is are those springs too strong for the cam, therefore not working correctly and putting too much tension on the rockers, causing them to snap?

I don't know if it is possible to do that. But i believe if springs are stronger the worst case scenario is faster wear on the cam, lifters, and valves.

I hope you get it figured out. When you do let us know what the culprit turned out to be.

jason