you have to be ****ing joking this is pissing me the **** off

I got no lie 30 miles down the road on the way to the beach, and it ****ing happened again, another ****ing rocker arm bolt ****ing broke, at this point im tired of ****ing with it, im putting it in the ****ing garage and taking the ****ing jetta to the beach and getting ****ing trashed. Im so ****ing pissed right now its not even funny, Im ready to ****ing beat someone or something GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR! Thanks alot motor for ruining my ****ing vacation

As for the replies in the other thread, the lifters are brand new, they better not have siezed. If its the lifters someone at summit is getting chewed out. I took my car to my mechanic to let him finish it off once I got to putting the heads back on the car, so if he overtorqued the rocker arms, his ass is getting chewed out too, and someone is paying for the repair, all the tow bills, and 36 hours worth of my ****ing vacation

• Sponsors (?)

I had a rocker bolt break. I was able to get it out with a std. screwdriver (small) and just turn it out like a screw. It came out REALLY easy.

After I got it out I took out a good one and went to lowes or Home Depot and bought 20 (they were packaged) grade 8 bolts for like 8-10$.

I ended up bending a PR when the bolt broke on the opposite side of that cyl. You should check yours as well.

sick_azz: ha yea, Im going to be in myrtle beach in about 4 hours, if you live along the way, sure! haha

mytight: I think the rocker arms might have been overtorqued, but if not what do you think it might be with brand new lifters in there? maybe a defective lifter? Im open to suggestions.

actually if you tell the combo, maybe we can help you figure it out.... if you have aftermarket heads what kind? What rockers? Pedestal mount or stud mount? all that kind of stuff if gonna make a difference. Also what cam is in there

jason

Lower grade bolts in there?? Any help guys? I think it is supposed to be at least grade..8 or is it grade ..5? Mechanic know what he is doing? Maybe just ask him what he torqued the bolts to without giving him a number? If he don't know right offt op of his head, ...chances....

Hey but don't get mad and beat anyone up or end up making your life worse over it! Just do what I do..do it yourself and then it gets done right. It's a pain at first but works for me. MAn that is so frustrating!!!

ok back from vacation, I havent torn it down yet this time, but my combo is a set of ported E7s with stock rockers
(I know, Im a cheap ass) and pushords, new lifters, steeda 19 cam, and cobra intake. When I replaced the one the broke the first time I used a grade 8 bolt in it, basically when I check which one is broke now if it is the same one Im going to look for pushrod length and or defective lifter, if its a different one Im going to change out all the rocker arm bolts, and check for some kind of valve interference; this sound about right?

I'd like to know the answer to what Jason asked as well. There are a TON of things that can effect rocker arm geometry (valve job, valve length, head gasket thickness, block being decked, heads being milled, etc). If its not right you will have problems. I've been messing with mine now for over a week trying to get it just right. That's the pain with pedestal rockers. The only nice thing is that once you get it all figured out, its a breeze to set them up again if you take the rockers off and have to put them back on.