you know people really do suck!

skunk21

May 22, 2007
Taxachusetts
I took the family yesterday to Howes Cavernes in upstate NY. We loaded up the cooler for picinic luch the weather was great and headed out. I decided to take my 06 Taurus since the wifes Explorer is a little harsh on the gas. We did a pit stop on the mass pike in brandford mass rest area and when we come out we find that someone hit my passenger side mirror!! :mad:!! and took a chunk out of it !! I'm trying to keep cool in front of the son but the wife can tell I want to loose it. I mean to some yeah it's just a taurus but I keep my rides nice/clean and new looking + this mirror isn't going to be cheap, it's body color, heated and has the puddle light under it. I'm like okay it's a mirror let's not let it wreck our day.

We make it the caverns have I nice time in there, awsome cave and sights. We get the cooler out of the car and walk over to the picinic table have our lunch enjoy the mountian view, etc. I'm loading stuff into the trunk and my wifes goes honey you are not going to believe this..someone hit the front bumper. Holy ***** the c**ksucker in the van next to cut it to sharp and just scraped the side of the front bumper :mad::mad::mad:!!!!!!! TWICE in 1 day, you kidding me I'm yelling, are you freaken kidding me...PEOPLE SUCK!! WE stopped on the way home and got some ice cream and I made sure it didn't wreck the families day, but I was fit to be tied inside. It just doesn't pay to have anything nice today, I just watch most people going about things in a wreckless manner it's just sad.

When we got home the wife looked at me and said " thank god it wasn't the mustang or contour atleast". I'm like they are going out for awhile now.

• Sponsors (?)

I know exactly what you mean. My neighbour hit my car with his van and wont admit to it. And its not my DD, its my Mustang that has a couple week old brand new paint job on it. As of yesterday its back in the shop for the THIRD time this year. I've had it on the road for 4 months and I've been able to drive it for 4 weeks total.

Dude I have a buddy who pulls that ****. I've been IN the car with him when he runs into other people's stuff, and he just acts like its a fact of life and moves on. I know of one time he caused serious damage to another person's car (whom I also knew) and would never admit to doing it. Its easily one of his worst qualities.

you know stuff only happens like this when you have something nice, or you just dont rmeber when your beater van was hit or scratched casue you dont care...... thats why when i had my miata i didnt care if a a fat guy used the hood as a bench of course nothing happened to it,
but my civic is nice ii looks like a new car exterior wise, no scratches and perfect paint let my firend drive it to the post office and he opned the door to reach the drop box and bang put a nice deep scratch in it.... i dont understand...... we should all drive 1982 f150's with rust holes:shrug:

Dude I have a buddy who pulls that ****. I've been IN the car with him when he runs into other people's stuff, and he just acts like its a fact of life and moves on. I know of one time he caused serious damage to another person's car (whom I also knew) and would never admit to doing it. Its easily one of his worst qualities.

When your with him next time. Have a hammer in your hand and give a little bump to his car with it and when he says "what the hell man!?" Just say, oh oops no biggie.

I know exactly what you mean. My neighbour hit my car with his van and wont admit to it. And its not my DD, its my Mustang that has a couple week old brand new paint job on it. As of yesterday its back in the shop for the THIRD time this year. I've had it on the road for 4 months and I've been able to drive it for 4 weeks total.

That sucks even more, I mean really accidents and stuff happens but own up to it and give a s**t. The mirror is $124 from my ford now I have to go and look at some junk yards but the might not part it of a good door, i'm off tomorrow to get the bumper looked at but I'm betting over $200 easy.

Nice guy...Karma is a bitch!! If there is any justice he will 10 mutha f**kers on return!!:D

You just NOW figured out that people suck? I've been tellin' y'all this for AGES! :fuss:

Darkwriter77's First Undeniable Law of Humanity: The human race, as a whole, is a mass of stupid, arrogant, selfish buttholes.

If I had a "friend" that habitually abused other people's stuff, especially inflicting harm upon others' cars, he/she would not be my "friend" any longer, but rather would become my "victim" ... as in, I would have to bludgeon them with something very hard, heavy, and blunt. People with a total and blatant disregard of respect for others' personal property, especially something that is their means of transportation (thus getting them to/from work and enabling them to buy food/shelter/clothing), are unworthy of life and/or freedom, IMO. :mad:

Did the van that hit your car just hit it and leave? Probably some stupid old farts that didn't even realize they'd hit anything. Some old lady backed into my mum's brand new car the other day in a parking lot, and she didn't even stop trying to back up until Mum started pounding her hood on the bish's trunklid to get her attention. People of that sort need to be forcibly crippled in such a way that driving is an impossibility - I'm thinking quadruple amputation. :nonono:

I've been kind of debating whether to even bother with painting and cosmetically fixing up my old beater of a DD pickup because I know that as soon as I do, it will become a magnet for vandals and/or stupid people to damage or destroy it. Knowing my luck, I'll have a (cheap but glossy) fresh paintjob on there, some rolled-on bedliner, maybe a tonneau cover, lower it a couple of inches for looks/handling, and finish cleaning up the interior ... and not even a month after all that, some jackhole will either run a red light and T-bone me, run me off the road on the highway, plow into the thing in the parking lot and take off, or just steal the frickin' thing. It's, like, a law or somethin'. Wait, wait ... let me hereby establish it as law:

Darkwriter77's Second Undeniable Law of Humanity: No one is allowed to have anything nice because someone else will always feel obligated to steal or destroy it.

And while I'm at it, what the hell, let's just throw a third one out there for good measure (kind of a catch-all law):

Darkwriter77's Third Undeniable Law of Humanity: Nothing good ever lasts forever.

There. Just so you know you're not alone in your general loathing of the human race. :D

greensvt21, sorry to hear about the bad luck. I know of a place that you can get your mirror. It is located in Pepperell, MA. I recently bought their headlight kit for my '01 GT, and they have a good reputation, free shipping and great warranties. The mirror will need to be painted, but you can have the body shop work it in when they fix the bumper. Here is the link for the mirror with all the options you have. It is the drivers side, but they do have the pass. side. Good luck

Shop 1A Auto® for 2002-06 Ford Taurus Mirror Power Fixed Heated with Puddle Lamp LH for your Ford Taurus

....and you're "buddies" with this clown? :nonono:
When your with him next time. Have a hammer in your hand and give a little bump to his car with it and when he says "what the hell man!?" Just say, oh oops no biggie.
:hail2::nice:

I never thought I would say this but there are days I wish I still had my wife's first vehicle, a 97 Geo Tracker vert 4 by.

I was in the parking lot on a hellish day, 40+ mph wind gust, rain like all get out and some fart sucker pulls up close, lets the wind catch his door and just wails the side of the lil rig. He acts like there is no damage to my truck. What a corn hole lover, of course he drove GM.

I mean it's one thing if it's an accident, I would have been happy to say well, how much do you have on you or let's go to the bank, throw two bones my way and will call it a day, no police report.

when the wife jumped back in, I said well is it worth me going to jail over and beating the ***** out of this guy, broken knee possible, choke him out cold she said no so I shrugged it off, went home and massaged most of the dent out to a slight ripple.

Beaters are good for parking lots because people are absolutely clueless.

You just NOW figured out that people suck? I've been tellin' y'all this for AGES! :fuss:

Darkwriter77's First Undeniable Law of Humanity: The human race, as a whole, is a mass of stupid, arrogant, selfish buttholes.

Darkwriter77's Second Undeniable Law of Humanity: No one is allowed to have anything nice because someone else will always feel obligated to steal or destroy it.

Darkwriter77's Third Undeniable Law of Humanity: Nothing good ever lasts forever.

There. Just so you know you're not alone in your general loathing of the human race. :D

:lol:

greensvt21, sorry to hear about the bad luck. I know of a place that you can get your mirror. It is located in Pepperell, MA. I recently bought their headlight kit for my '01 GT, and they have a good reputation, free shipping and great warranties. The mirror will need to be painted, but you can have the body shop work it in when they fix the bumper. Here is the link for the mirror with all the options you have. It is the drivers side, but they do have the pass. side. Good luck

Shop 1A Auto® for 2002-06 Ford Taurus Mirror Power Fixed Heated with Puddle Lamp LH for your Ford Taurus

Thanks for the link I'll check them out.

A buddy of mine has had his camaro dinged up in the parking lots. Mind you its not a show piece but at the time was a clean factory 85 ttop z28. I watched him get out and kick in 75% of the door of the other car. Serious rage issues involving him and his cars.

When my brother and I shared an apartment, one of the neighbor's ******* friends opened their brand new explorer sport trac door into the side of my brother's 01 monte ss. My brother even yelled to guy "what the **** are you doing" The guy shrugged and went inside. My brother's temper flared up and as left that evening, he proceeded to drag a shiny new 3/8 drill bit down the entire side of the sport trac.

He even said that had the guy appologized he wouldn't of remedied the situation the way he did.

That is why i park in NO MAN's land when i go to the mall. Keeps my car ding free and it keeps me from becoming a fat boy

The mest up part is and I left this part out..I parked far out at the rest area like I always do, the rest area's are the worst and still got hit :shrug:. I had no choice at the caverns though they had parking guys lining us up :notnice:. I do this at the malls and shopping, I usually shoot for a far out spot that is an end spot and angle a little. guess my # number was up twice :rolleyes:.

Thats does stink, but at least it wasnt an accident with everyone riding down the road. Weve had two of our cars hit this yr, and my dads Jeep totaled.. All by morons not paying attention. Something must be in the air this yr.

yes very gratefull it wasn't an accident that put my family, myself or others at risk but none the less this bites the big one, I'm still looking at north of $300 bucks for doing nothing wrong :mad:. That is mustang money damnit!!

I was at a Dr's office one time. I came out a junko Camaro was parked real close to my drivers door. Checked it out, yep it got dinged. I went back inside the Dr's office and asked around, no on knew who's it was. So I waited outside for the guy to come out. It was a guy with 2 little kids. He had let one of the little kids open up the passenger side door and hit mine. I got his insurance card info and filed a claim on his insurance. Adjuster came out and I was about $500 richer. Its just the issue. People need to pay attention!!