You PI swap guys...have a important ?

OK guys...did a complete PI engine with a 2000gt engine in a 98gt...we have about everything bolted up and plugged in except the coolant sender for the guage...what do you do with it...how do you use it...and the 2000 engine has one where the 98 didnt. Let me know..all we gotta do is get an 8 bolt flywheel....button everything back up and we are done. Thanks i hope someone can help.
Thanks, Vince

• Sponsors (?)

FineLineMtrsprts said:
OK guys...did a complete PI engine with a 2000gt engine in a 98gt...we have about everything bolted up and plugged in except the coolant sender for the guage...what do you do with it...how do you use it...and the 2000 engine has one where the 98 didnt. Let me know..all we gotta do is get an 8 bolt flywheel....button everything back up and we are done. Thanks i hope someone can help.
Thanks, Vince
i think there are a few places to tap into for the gauge.my friend tapped mine into the thermostat housing on top.as for the extra one,i'm not real sure.where is the extra one located?
charles

plumb2.jpg

:nice:

mrvax said:
On my car they just tapped right into the t-stat housing. The gauge works fine.

you have an all plastic intake? this guy swapped a 2000 engine in...they have the all plastic PI intake and I haven't seen anyone tap that yet. If you do and you did....please let us know how. I know a few people with this problem. Thanks

yes tapped into the t/sat housing and all is fine.here is a pic to show you where mine is.pay no attention to the dirty motor,i live down a gravel road so its only clean on the weekends :shrug: .
charles

Attachments

• tstat.jpg
    tstat.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 93