You will never believe this....or maybe

I have a jms chip in the 95 gt i just bought. JMS is based in irvington alabama. I live about 10 minutes from them in Mobile. they definitly build some bad a$$ cars.People send them from all over the U.S To get built and tuned at there facility.The jms chip in the car i just got makes the car drive completely different than the 94 gt i just sold.Their chips definitly make a car come alive.especially in an automatic car.

• Sponsors (?)

wytstang said:
Dynojet is actually an accelerometer whereby it uses a 3000-3200 pound drum that is used to create an inertia load on the vehicle being tested. The vehicle's horsepower (HP) and torque try to overcome the weight/inertia of the drum to accelerate it. As a result the software and electronics try to measure the horsepower and torque that the vehicle is developing to overcome the drum's weight and inertia. The resulting horsepower and torque will be higher than a true loading dyno because once the drum starts rolling not as much power is needed to keep it going. Example -- When pushing a car on a flat road, once the car starts moving not as much power (effort) is needed to keep it going. The software does not ask for vehicle weight or anything like horsepower needed to maintain 50 MPH (a number that is actually put out by E.P.A. and N.H.T.S.A.).

The Mustang dyno is a true loading dyno, because it uses an inertia weight as well as an eddy current motor that is attached to the rollers. This eddy current motor creates a drag on the shaft by way of electricity that causes a magnetic field to try and overcome the torque going through the roller shafts. This current is controlled by software that is always trying to simulate load as if the car is driving in real world conditions. The real benefit from the loading dyno is the ability to maintain a load that allows a tuner to properly go through a fuel map or ignition map and tune the chip for optimum horsepower and torque. It has the ability to also simulate the IM240 emissions test as required in some states. It can check 1/4 mile times as well as times for 0-60 MPH and 0-100 MPH. It can also be used for road testing and simulation for drivability problems. As a result of the loading capability, the dyno numbers from a mustang dyno will come out lower than the inertia (dynojet) dyno.

Professor Danny :hail2:

Good Stuff :nice:

Grady

wytstang said:
Copy and past baby :D

You ain't supposed to tell everybody stuff like that Danny :nono:

We got a bunch of Noobs on here lately :D

We want em to think we are smart ...........
at least for a while anyway ........
until they figure it out :rlaugh:

Seriously ... Great info ... Glad you posted it up for all :banana:

Grady