You wouldnt like me when im angry...

• Sponsors (?)

ive broken quite a few things.

once i finished swapping my fuel level sending unit and looked down at my legs and side covered in gas. i took my jack handle and beat the hell out of it.

doing my rebuild on the fox, there were many many punches, tools, curses, and other things thrown.

i actually picked up our mini fridge and threw it down the hill infront of my house once :lol: luckily the trees stopped it.

[not believing this hasn't been asked yet]

Why were you removing your headlights with a hammer? LOL. Sounds like fun!

I have done some pretty crazy things after getting ticked off at the car. In recent years .... I think I've pretty much tamed the temper. The Army has tought me plenty of words for substituting the violence, lol. But I guess when it DOES kick in, .... it's been built up, so "the chit hits the fan".

The Green GT said:
Yesterday when I was messing with my new headlights (which are a PITA to install BTW) I got REALLY impatient and mad and threw my hammer I was using to get the lights out. then I heard a shattering noise. O ****. I broke my moms pig lol. It calmed me down though cause breaking stuff is sort of a stress relief for me. So what have you broke in a rage while working on your car? Im just happy I didnt start beating the lights with the hammer like I wanted to.

View attachment 474993
what did your mom say about the pig, or does she not know yet? i think stangnet would crash if i tried to list every time a i cursed, became enraged, punched something, threw a tool, took my anger out on someone else, when working on my car or anyone elses for that matter.

This thread has brought back some memories. The best one is the time (about 13-14 yrs ago) I had worked on my pickup for about three days trying to get it to start. I had it next to the curb in the street (that's where it stopped and would not start again). I was really at wits end with what else could be wrong with it. I picked up the nearest thing, which was a can of B-12 carb cleaner, and just threw it. Not really aiming, just threw it. It was like slow motion watching it fly about 20-25 feet and smashing out a storm window on the house. I just sat down on the curb. My wife ran out, like what the f#&k happened. I couldn't even explain it. It's really funny now because she reminds me of it all the time in a joking kind of way, but it was not very funny on that particular day! With age has come a lot more patience, but I still get pissed-off at working on cars some times. I remind myself not to throw things because I still remember having to change-out that window--after getting the pick-up fixed.

Nik_95Cobra said:
Playing Tiger Woods 2006 on the PC and Checking out Stangnet repeatedly has really helped keep me sane during any relationship problems or whatever so I haven't had to break anything lately. :D

Same here .... except I've been playing Morrowind The Elder Scrolls III Game of the Year Edition with Tribunal & Bloodmoon. I love this game! Oblivion is awesome, too.

BTW Nik .... you ever get your 'situation' straight?

I have a industrial SS stand up cooler at one of my jobs (pizza place I worked at threw school and still work 1day a week there) that I have beat on like a punching bag for several years. I broke one and the other has one whole side that is just beat to hell, coverd with a poster/poster board. I realy dont know how I have not broken my hands off those...I would hit it so hard it would start to rock off its base alittle:eek: .

I also one time grabbed a pan out of an oven (450*) and walked to the back of the store and tossed it at a wall with my bare hand. Then went back to work like nothing happend, a buddy of mine tried to pick up but he was like "thats fuggin hot".

For a few years I had a BAD anger issue, not so much violent just if pushed I was not pleasant...chased two kids off that pulled a little 3shot 380 on me with a lava rock:nonono:

I crossthreaded a bolt in my engine block when I got mad once.....And still paying for that one :nonono:

After that I stop what I am doing, and take several deep breaths until I calm down.

When I was 10 or so, I pissed off my little brother, so he got on the top bunk and threw a spoon at me. it hit me square between the eyes and layed me flat on my arse......
Scott

You gotta walk away when you get pissed. Thats the only solution. If I'm stumped I step back, look at it, kinda hum a little to myself. There is no reason to hurry.

If it gets unbearable, then I stop, change, and go run a couple miles as hard as I can. By the time I get back, I'm mellow and experiencing the runner's high. This has only happened when doing my headers btw. That job is miserable.

Adam