Your opinion on a wing for my buddy's Supra

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will give the supra one thing. The t-top factor is pretty cool. I wish they didnt stop making fox ttops in 88. But personally the front is ugly and the back is ugly...thats why I dont want one.

Its not ttop, its targa top where the whole center section comes out:D

He has decided now to not waste money on the wing at this point and get rims, tint, exhaust, and lowering then turbo. I'll keep you guy updated on it.

• Sponsors (?)

oh hey didnt notice that....it would be a good ct.

i dont care though...you all just envy me and the primer 5.0 :)

:D

You got me, I'm jeleous... afterall when I was 16 my junk ran high 13s, and not more than 6 months later I paid for and bought a 1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee LTD, but then again I had a job, ambition and didn't sit online all day and fight about cars I know nothing about!

:rolleyes:

Exactly, the Supra cost a LOT more so to think it is inferior to a fox body, give me a break kid. Go do some research a, Supra started life as a better car, and in MY eyes, will always be a better car. Not cheaper (if you read I never said that) but to me classier, better looking, and an all around a better car.

I will own a Supra, but I'm not dumb enough to have no job and continue to hope and dream about what i want and what I will have by a certain age. I am putting money aside to get my life started right, not to blow it on some car. When I have money packed away for a rainy day then and only then will I drop the $80-100K I want to on a Supra. COULD I own one? In a second, will I own one, not for a long ass time.

You got me, I'm jeleous... afterall when I was 16 my junk ran high 13s, and not more than 6 months later I paid for and bought a 1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee LTD, but then again I had a job, ambition and didn't sit online all day and fight about cars I know nothing about!

:rolleyes:

Exactly, the Supra cost a LOT more so to think it is inferior to a fox body, give me a break kid. Go do some research a Supra started life as a better car, and in MY eyes, will always be a better car. Not cheaper (if you read I never said that for a second) but to me classier, better looking, and all around a better car.

I will own a Supra, but I'm not dumb enough to have no job and continue to hope and dream about what i want and what I will have by a certain age. I am putting money aside to get my life started right, not to blow it on some car.

do you have no sense of humor? first of all, i do have a job, maybe if my dad was more into make cars fast and not just into have a nice stang to cruise around in them maybe just maybe i would of had some support. hell ever time i do something to the stang my dad bitch's and complains about it.

well considering the price tag on a supra vs a fox body new, id sure hope they were a better performance car.

you know i dont really care what any of you say. So far ive gotten exactly what i wanted. A 5.0 mustang, yeah its stock and in primer till spring but hey, they all that point one time in there life.. ive paid for it 100% my self and done all the work myself minus the top and will continue to do this. I have a little over $2,900 in it at the moment and ive brought it back from the dead. ( is that not ambition! )

oh and what the hell do you think your doing right now? your sitting on the computer doing the same thing...hell all i said was that i dont like focking supras....get the **** over it. everyone is intitled to there opions...

He has decided now to not waste money on the wing at this point and get rims, tint, exhaust, and lowering then turbo. I'll keep you guy updated on it.

Ricer? tint, exhaust, and THEN the turbo? How 'bout he gets the turbo and THEN gets the exhaust done. Oh wait, that would only be the logical solution. Thats like getting a 4 inch exhuast because someday I'm going to buy a supercharger for my car.

Ricer? tint, exhaust, and THEN the turbo? How 'bout he gets the turbo and THEN gets the exhaust done. Oh wait, that would only be the logical solution. Thats like getting a 4 inch exhuast because someday I'm going to buy a supercharger for my car.

Hardly. The best exhaust for a turbo car is no exhaust. Running a 3.5"-4" exhaust on stock turbos or huge single is still the best bet. On motor, of course not. In Supra modification world, there's something called Basic Performance Upgrades (BPU). It involves intake, exhaust, fuel, management and more boost. Most BPU cars make 500hp, on the stock twins. Tint is cool; it's one of the most common modifications for any car, has a purpose and has a visual benefit.

Supras start to break axles at the 1000hp mark on slicks. If you're on street tires (that aren't ET Streets), you probably won't have a problem. Going from a dig is helpless on almost any 800+ hp car in street trim.

Regarding price, a 1998 Supra TT in good condition without high miles is still worth MSRP. Most people under 40 can't even touch that. That's why we have Mustangs.

Also, RS200 the stupid FWD import troll's stupid FWD import video of the week:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3nPV4JKRnSs
I'll let this one simmer for a little while.

Lotta hate here, seems kind of misplaced. Our Mustangs, and Foxes in particular, were devised to damage the psyche's of those who spent a truckload more money, and are very efficient in that capacity. To me, the Supra is a Mustang on another level. For whatever they cost new(I have no idea), they certainly could tear up the Porsche's of the world. Isn't that the coolest? Turn and stop with the best, too. Unquestionably, I would love to own an 03/04 Cobra, but its for exactly the same reasons. Hate it cause its rice? Nonsense. Toyota spends more building and employing Americans than our American car companies do, and will continue to. Rice is the owners, not the cars. I use a 94 Toyota Corolla as a DD, 261K on the clock, 35mpg and the air blows ice cold. Now, I have a running pony tattooed to my left arm, but I couldn't name you an American car that i KNOW would do that. Lighten up, people, keep the focus(no pun intended). We can love the 5.0, but not everything else is bad. Some of those Supra pics posted earlier make me drool!:nice:

oh and what the hell do you think your doing right now? your sitting on the computer doing the same thing...hell all i said was that i dont like focking supras....get the **** over it. everyone is intitled to there opions...

No I am fighting with a kid who doesn't know the car he is in a THREAD about. How much do you know about Supras other than the fact you don't like how they look? My guess is whatever you can google in the 15 minutes before you respond. I am actually part of Supraforums.com, and believe it or not they have discussions on other cars and there aren't 16 year old kids with no knowledge fighting for pages and pages.

Trust me too, I was not sitting on the computer, I cam home from a night out with friends (as well as some other fun) made my post, and went to bed. You wont find me sitting on the computer on a weekend night, trust me on that! :D

Can't WAIT to get my Supra in the future. Toss 1000+ to the tires, and do out and have fun with it. 16 years olds will call me a ricer, but I will gladly smile back and laugh at them, as I do now!

wow, this thread started out pretty cool but everybody's got to be all narrow minded and ruin it. We're car people. (some of us.) We like cars! If you're a real gearhead you can appreciate a piece of engineering like a supra or skyline. Bottom line, just because you rock the stang don't mean you dont like other cars too.:flag: Oh yeah, if you don't like the thread then just ALT+F4 and go make a sammich.

not from what i heard about their axles on seen but i could be wrong. But anyway arent we all a little old to be schoolyard bickering? yea supra is a better car, maybe because its designed to be a true sports car, unlike a fox (sad to say). and with performance car specs come perfomrance car prices. and its very hard to find someone that it just scraping by to mod their supra since you need to have some money in the first place to buy one! but it doesnt matter if it performs better its just like anything with cars the amount of money you have the nicer the car.

No I am fighting with a kid who doesn't know the car he is in a THREAD about. How much do you know about Supras other than the fact you don't like how they look? My guess is whatever you can google in the 15 minutes before you respond. I am actually part of Supraforums.com, and believe it or not they have discussions on other cars and there aren't 16 year old kids with no knowledge fighting for pages and pages.

Trust me too, I was not sitting on the computer, I cam home from a night out with friends (as well as some other fun) made my post, and went to bed. You wont find me sitting on the computer on a weekend night, trust me on that! :D

Can't WAIT to get my Supra in the future. Toss 1000+ to the tires, and do out and have fun with it. 16 years olds will call me a ricer, but I will gladly smile back and laugh at them, as I do now!

i had just got home from work!...hell i dont consider 1000 rwhp rice but that wing i sure do...there's no need for it in my opinion...and yeah i dont know **** about then because i don't like them, why would i spend my time learning about a car i don't like? that's just being stupid. all i said is i don't mind it em but i would never own one...get of your ****ing high horse and shut the hell up about it already.

i had just got home from work!...hell i dont consider 1000 rwhp rice but that wing i sure do...there's no need for it in my opinion...and yeah i dont know **** about then because i don't like them, why would i spend my time learning about a car i don't like? that's just being stupid. all i said is i don't mind it em but i would never own one...get of your ****ing high horse and shut the hell up about it already.

HAHA, your gonna cry about it now?

"High Horse", no just keeping a 16 year old child in line when he sees a thread about Supras and has to come in and give an opinion when noone really wants to hear what you think of them. :rolleyes:

Sorry 85ragtop, I'm just sick of the Mustang nut swingers who feel the need to put down everything else because they don't understand it or know about it. I'll stop because you want me to, Ryan has lost the last little bit of respect I had for the kid from me, whether he cares or not!

HAHA, your gonna cry about it now?

"High Horse", no just keeping a 16 year old child in line when he sees a thread about Supras and has to come in and give an opinion when noone really wants to hear what you think of them. :rolleyes:

Sorry 85ragtop, I'm just sick of the Mustang nut swingers who feel the need to put down everything else because they don't understand it or know about it. I'll stop because you want me to, Ryan has lost the last little bit of respect I had for the kid from me, whether he cares or not!

Thats why we have pm's.

I'm gonna post this because i've read this guys thread/posts and i have a feeling others are feeling the same way... I wouldn't normally call somebody out like this. But dude, you had it coming! Your a disgrace to this hobby.

25th... Who the HELL do you think you are? Coming on a Ford Mustang Forum and putting down other members because there OPINIONS do not match with yours? I'm not sure if you forgot where you are, but i believe you need to be put in your place. And why dont' you leave that "16 year old kid" ALONE. He put his opinion out there becuase he doesn't like them. There is NEVER a need to backlash at somebody because they put down a car that they don't like and you can only wet your shorts about. I'm 42 years old, I've seen some of your posts and you always seem like the nice guy. Ya know, "oh you did a good job and all." But i think we found the other side of yah. I don't even know that you belong on this website, First you pull all your Ford emblems off your car. You always talk about how crappy Ford is and now latest you try to disrimate any loyal Ford man because you are loyal to a Foreign ricer. You need to pull your head out of your ass and take a look around. By the way, you posted 22 times on this thread stating your opinion. Actually, most of those posts were mostly you discrimating other members and repeating your opinion 22 times. We heard it once okay, we don't need it again. And also, do you even like Mustangs? Or did you buy one because you can't afford your supra. I think you should be worring about what you can afford and not telling others what they can afford. Because regardless of your excuses... you DON'T have a supra. You just dream about it like you did with barbies pal. Hows that for putting you in your place?

You wont find me sitting on the computer on a weekend night, trust me on that! :D

Once again, you posted 22 TIMES in this thread. You sure do sit around on the computer all day buddy.

Also a tasteful done 1000 whp Supra is badass. Whole new car range than a fox or even 03 Cobra. It's more of a sports car in my eyes.

Hm... This one really crosses lines. Calling a foriegn car that does not a have a V8 nor sound like it, i may add, more of a muscle car then a MUSTANG? To bad a Muscle car is an AMERICAN Car. Foreign automakers do not make a MUSCLE CAR. Regardless of what you think. Your wrong. Pull your head out of the clouds.

I can see myself owning non Fords... Hell I have an Audi right now! :D

You pulled your "Ford" emblems of your Mustang. Your so out of wack that you try to make a Ford Mustang into your dream supra by putting on "Deep dish wheels" "tinted wheels" "lowered" and all those mods you would have done to your supra had you owned one. Your a disgrace to Ford and Mustang and probably this site as well.

Nope, I love me a Supra...

I would go buy one over and 03 Cobra any and everyday of the week!

:D

You've covered that now 18 times already. Quit talking about it and actually do it. Oh thats right... you can't afford it can you? Hm.. now i'm sounding like you, telling others what they can and can't afford!

Not really worried if someone doesn't look up to me because I have a love for another car. If I was wealthier, I would own a Supra, end of that convo right there. :D

I lose respect for people who show ignorance simply because it's "***". The car hands down is one of the best sports cars out there in my eyes.

I'm pretty sure he doens't look up to you becuase you bash anybody that has a different opinion about your beloved supra. Supras are not a sports car. Exactly, in your eyes. Again, we don't need your opinion for the 23rd time in this one thread.

:rolleyes: HAHA Stangnets punching bag is going to attack me about a car I like. Here is a real world lesson for you, now pay attention, treat it like your 3rd period class.

"Stangnets punching bag" is not going to attack you about a supra you like. YOUR going to attack them because they don't like it. Read your posts man. You discrimate anybody who differs with your opinion. Get a life.

If you don't like a Supra thread, heres a novel idea... get the **** out of it. I don't believe the poster asked for some unemplyed 16 year old kids opinion on a car he couldn't afford. :rolleyes: :rlaugh: I'm sure he could care less.

Is ANYBODY else beginning to see what kind of a guy he really is? And to remind you, he is saying all of this towards other fellow Mustang enthuisasts.

So why should the poster give a **** about your opinion since you can't afford the car either?

You got me, I'm jeleous... afterall when I was 16 my junk ran high 13s, and not more than 6 months later I paid for and bought a 1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee LTD, but then again I had a job, ambition and didn't sit online all day and fight about cars I know nothing about!:rolleyes: .

I still believe you act 16 if that counts for anything. You need to grow up and leave other members alone. If i was a mod, you wouldn't be here any longer.

Edit: You posted again before i could post.. So now its 23 times :rolleyes: :rlaugh:

I hope both this thread and you get :lock: Your not a true Ford Oval guy, so who are you trying to fool? Us or youself? And i'm done here. You'll probably make your childesh remark or backlash at me because i called you out. Do whatever you want. Remeber this is a Mustang Forum, Don't bash other members because they dont' share your passion with Supra's on a Mustang forum. :nonono:

Your a douchebag if you thing the mustang is the end all and be all of cars. Believe me there are 1000 cars I would rather have than a mustang, and a supra being one of them.

you mean think? there not the end all be all of cars but to tell you the truth id rather have me a 03/04 cobra over ANY import out there, even the beloved skylines and supra. sorry but the cobra is everything plus some in stock form for me...i dont car if there are imports faster out there or what not!

close to 400hp a 6 speed and being conferable to drive/ ride in. not to mention quick and looks damn good, everyone has different opinions and I'm getting sick and tired of being dumped on for mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.