Your Stance!!

• Sponsors (?)

Wait! let me get this straight.
More BS= more in.
Less BS= more out.
?:shrug: ?

11-2.jpg
[/IMG]

on a 17x7 I would use 4.25 backspacing. But why do you want to use different rims front to back? 17x8 4.75 works on the front and back.[/QUOTE

The reason I want 17x7's in the front is because I want to lower my front end to were the fender is overlapping the tire a little bit. (kinda like: Z06killinSBF, and iskwezm). Looking at yours, it looks like your 17x8's sit flush with the fener to were you cant lower it more.
- Z06killinSBF already said his rubs really bad with 17x8's in the front but iskwezm said he doesnt rub with his 17x7's.
-The only thing Im trying to find out now, is how to get the front 17x7's to sit a little inside the fender (tucked in) while not rubing and not have them sit flush or sticking out the fender
...hope this doesnt sound confusing.

Here's mine. Front lowered 1.25", rear lowered 1". Tire size: 225 17's front, 255 17's rear. 331 stroker / modified C-4 / Currie 3.25 8" rear. Just finished it a month ago! :D

Attachments

• '68 Stance.JPG
    '68 Stance.JPG
    76.9 KB · Views: 432
on a 17x7 I would use 4.25 backspacing. But why do you want to use different rims front to back? 17x8 4.75 works on the front and back.[/QUOTE

The reason I want 17x7's in the front is because I want to lower my front end to were the fender is overlapping the tire a little bit. (kinda like: Z06killinSBF, and iskwezm). Looking at yours, it looks like your 17x8's sit flush with the fener to were you cant lower it more.
- Z06killinSBF already said his rubs really bad with 17x8's in the front but iskwezm said he doesnt rub with his 17x7's.
-The only thing Im trying to find out now, is how to get the front 17x7's to sit a little inside the fender (tucked in) while not rubing and not have them sit flush or sticking out the fender
...hope this doesnt sound confusing.

like this?
I'll look for a better shot
mustang's + kit, over 10+yrs!
620 coils, UCA drop, opentracker roller spring perches, 4 1/2 leaf mid eye, Edelbrock IAS shocks

Attachments

• OKC Trip 682 (Small).jpg
    OKC Trip 682 (Small).jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 377
  • OKC Trip 445 (Small).jpg
    OKC Trip 445 (Small).jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 373
some more
trying to get a full side shot
these two are with the car loaded with gear.

Attachments

• canada 543 (Small).jpg
    canada 543 (Small).jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 336
  • canada 556 (Small).jpg
    canada 556 (Small).jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 387
15x7 Mopar steels, 225-60-R15 tires, and worn out stock suspension and KYB Gas-A-Justs. This is before I put the narrower '57 9" rear under it:
68mustangprofile.jpg

And this is after:
68stance.jpg

It's hard to tell from the side, but the rear wheels are about 3/4" further inboard than with the stock 8". I have some 620s for the front, but I'm waiting to get some roller perches and 4.5 leaf rears before I tear into it.

I'll look for a better shot

That looks like Baldy in the hazy background of the second pic....

Attachments

• 68mustangprofile.jpg
    68mustangprofile.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 235
  • 68stance.jpg
    68stance.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 204
If you want them tucked in, then you definitely want 4.75" backspacing.

I just checked AR TT2's and the only BS they make for 17x7 are: 3 3/4", 4 1/4", and 4"
-What would be the best size so I can have my front wheels tucked in real nice without rubbing issues?
p.s. Im also converting to disc. so I need enough room for those puppies!