Your thought on my PCV idea

KreagerM

Nov 24, 2005
Maryland
Up in the air about how I want to run my PCV sytem on my new motor. My first motor had so much of blow-by, that I blew the breather cap right out of the VC. This was when the PCV system was at it stock location and was routed into the intake manifold. So, I'm seeing to it that this does not happen again.

First I'm runnig a Paxton with EFI.

The thought on both is to eliminate running the PCV into the intake manifold, but intead it will be run into the intake tubing infront of the supercharger.

Now should I use the Moroso vacuum/dry sump breather tank, or the Moroso Air Oil Seperator tank?

vacuum/dry sump breather

Thanks
Matt

• Sponsors (?)

Right now I have a standard PCV from a Turbo Tbird. I am getting a small leak on my valve covers that is annoying me. I also have an EFI blown application. I also have a 6AN tube that goes from my EFI valve covers to the air inlet box by my filter that came with my Vortech system. I am getting rid of my PCV valve setup and going with a crankcase evacuation setup instead. It basically consists of a check valve that is welded via 1/2" npt pipe to the exhaust. It is connected to a gromet or breather on the valve cover.

The exhaust will create a vacume to pull the pressure form the engine. Simply seal off the hole for the PCV and you are done. There is quite a long thread over on S B F T E C H . C O M about crankcase evacuation setups.

Right now I have a standard PCV from a Turbo Tbird. I am getting a small leak on my valve covers that is annoying me. I also have an EFI blown application. I also have a 6AN tube that goes from my EFI valve covers to the air inlet box by my filter that came with my Vortech system. I am getting rid of my PCV valve setup and going with a crankcase evacuation setup instead. It basically consists of a check valve that is welded via 1/2" npt pipe to the exhaust. It is connected to a gromet or breather on the valve cover.

The exhaust will create a vacume to pull the pressure form the engine. Simply seal off the hole for the PCV and you are done. There is quite a long thread over on S B F T E C H . C O M about crankcase evacuation setups.

I never thought about doing it that way. I see there are crankcase evacuation kits at summit/jegs, that are 1/2npt and come with the exhaust bung:nice:

Where you thinking about going with a dual setup? Or only a single evacuation line with a filler cap on the other VC?

Thanks for all the great advice, I appreciate it :nice:

After searching all over the many forums, from supercharged to turbo applications. I think I'm actaully going to go in a different route. After blowing the oil filler cap out of my valve cover and noticing my rear main seal leaking, I've decided to throw everything I can at combating this issue on my new 347. I've decided to go with an electric evacuation pump system in conjunction with my PCV set up. I know I could get by using other means, but I figured if I was spending all this money on a new engine I should protect it as much as I can.

Matt