your thoughts on AFM Power Pipe

projectPONY

Nov 24, 2004
Dallas, Tx.
anyone on here running a N/A power pipe? what are your opinions of it? like it, hate it? I see on their site that they have to models for N/A applications. one that places the filter in the fender well and one that also places the mass air meter in the fender well. any advantage to having the meter in the fender well also? anybody have any pics of their installation?

TIA

• Sponsors (?)

Here's mine:
5015_1.JPG

Thats the one that places the mass air in the fender. This thing is HUGE!! I happen to think its the best N/A intake out there. Its good for a few extra HP and if your using a nice high flowing intake then the benefits are multiplied. However, keep in mind that there is no strut tower brace that I know of that will fit with this installed. Its also a bit expensive and if your good at fabrication then you could make your own copy, its been done. I don't think you'll be disappointed if you go with it though.

Here's mine:
5015_1.JPG

Thats the one that places the mass air in the fender. This thing is HUGE!! I happen to think its the best N/A intake out there. Its good for a few extra HP and if your using a nice high flowing intake then the benefits are multiplied. However, keep in mind that there is no strut tower brace that I know of that will fit with this installed. Its also a bit expensive and if your good at fabrication then you could make your own copy, its been done. I don't think you'll be disappointed if you go with it though.

i was gonna get the same one but i found it's cheapier and more fun to do my own. I found 4" exhust for $7 a foot and the rubber elbows for $30 each. I'm building mine to go threw the stock opening that the stock air box was in.Once i get it done i'll post the pics. peace

john:p

Here's mine:
5015_1.JPG

thanks for the pic. that is the one that I have in mind for my coupe but according to AFM that one won't work with my pro-m 75mm bullet. so the only other option I have is the one that keeps the air meter still in the engine bay. what mass air meter are you running?

I am using the 3 1/2" pipe. It takes a little modifying to make it fit right because it hits the strut tower and wont let it reach the t/b unless you cut it. For this pipe it says you can ONLY use a short pro-m, they say that because they don't want someone to buy the pipe use something else, and have it not work good, which is understandable, but I am using a 94/95 GT MAF in the fender with no problems. There reasoning for not being able to put other MAF's in the fender is because some go crazy when you do, or because its too far away from the t/b. Doesn't make much sense to me but that don't advise doing it in case someone does have a problem they cant come back and blame it on them. Like I said though 94/95 GT MAF in the fender, no problems. As for power increase, cant say I noticed much, but I didnt do it for power, I did it to clean up the bay a little, I did notice it idling a little better though.

Pics of the 3 1/2'

1000614.jpg

1000617p.jpg

I am using the 3 1/2" pipe. It takes a little modifying to make it fit right because it hits the strut tower and wont let it reach the t/b unless you cut it. For this pipe it says you can ONLY use a short pro-m, they say that because they don't want someone to buy the pipe use something else, and have it not work good, which is understandable, but I am using a 94/95 GT MAF in the fender with no problems. There reasoning for not being able to put other MAF's in the fender is because some go crazy when you do, or because its too far away from the t/b. Doesn't make much sense to me but that don't advise doing it in case someone does have a problem they cant come back and blame it on them. Like I said though 94/95 GT MAF in the fender, no problems. As for power increase, cant say I noticed much, but I didnt do it for power, I did it to clean up the bay a little, I did notice it idling a little better though.

Pics of the 3 1/2'

1000614.jpg

1000617p.jpg

what part # does yours have? if you don't mind me asking.

I am not sure if it is the same length. Here is my MAF with the flange cut off.
I am not sure how the pro-m bullet reacts in the fender or from being so close to the filter so I don't want to advise anything, I just know I haven't had any problems with the 94/95

1000557k.jpg