your thoughts on the Red Interior

SFLDragon

Dec 27, 2004
I’m finalizing a deal on a used 05GT its silver with the black leather. I think I would rather have the red over the black. For those with the red leather are you glad you went with red? are there any draw backs? Is it harder to keep clean?
Any ideas how hard to swap my black to red and where would I find the parts to do so? Thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

SFLDragon said:
I’m finalizing a deal on a used 05GT its silver with the black leather. I think I would rather have the red over the black. For those with the red leather are you glad you went with red? are there any draw backs? Is it harder to keep clean?
Any ideas how hard to swap my black to red and where would I find the parts to do so? Thanks.

Red leather is the only way to go. It's such a classic look. Easy to keep clean too!

Depends. I would have prefered a hunter green interior, as it'd go well with the cluster. But I'm not a fan of red, so it was never an option for me. I think red seats would look great in a red body, and fine in any grayscale body (black,gray,white).

Red is a classic, there is no mistaking it, however I think the red is kinda ugly. I dont know why, it just needed look right to me. Im not saying other peopel are wrong, or whatever, and im probably gonna get slammed for saying it, just my $0.02. I think the dark interior will look alot better.

SFLDragon said:

I've seen it =Red on Red= and its stunning! :nice:

The red interior looks awesome, i was just concerned about the long run. No matter how good of condition the car is in, when I look at a used Mustang with red interior, it just doesn't look quite right (classics excluded)

It's too much red for my tastes. It would be great if it was just an accent package, but it's not. It's red everywhere. The dark leather is very nice, glad I went for it, even though it required me to upgrade to the Premium to get it.

I always try to get a black leather interior in my cars, but this red leather was just too nice to pass up. I had decided on it the day they showed the production car at the 2004 NAIAS.

Very happy with how it looks, and it really gives the interior an upscale look.

It never fails to get compliments when I am showing it to someone.

66Satellite said:
I like it on other people's cars. For my car, though, it's gotta be black.

I agree... perhaps if it were more red and less orange looking.

When I think red, I have flashbacks to 1993 when they painted the entire dash red... in fact... excuse me...:puke: