Yukon Carrier Issues

G00nies

Nov 7, 2014
So...after my rear upgrade/SN swap..I've noticed that when i throw the rear into a turn, or light up the tires in a turn, the rear makes a horrendous howling, as if the POSI is binding.
All new parts..even axles.

P/N YDGF8.8-28-1 4.10 ratio
However, in a straight line, its' perfect.
I've double checked the specs and shims, no damage is evident upon inspection of the gear and carrier...
Motorcraft LSD additive was used and proper GL-5 gear oil also.
Followed the installation guide and break in procedure to the T

I emailed Yukon, also tried calling their "tech hotline"....but have to continuously leave messages and have yet to receive an email response

Help!

• Sponsors (?)

Are you sure your tires are not rubbing? If you used an SN95 axle, it will have a wider track width.

Joe
I used the fox length axle kit from North; kit with brackets and all
This was the first thing I checked, after all I spent alot of time rolling and slightly pulling the rears to prevent rubbing.
This isnt a rubbing noise...this is a REALLY, REALLY LOUD metal friction HOWL that resonates through the entire car. It sounds like the diff clutch isnt able to keep up ...I thought that something failed the first time I attempted to break the rear end loose from turning at a stop sign

I kept my TRACK-LOK 8.8 diff/carrier from the conversion and just bought the M4700C rebuild kit and will give it a shot Monday.

Last edited: