Z MAX

• Sponsors (?)

Not only soaks into the metals, it dissolves carbon like it's goin' out of style!
I've used Mobil1 5W-30 w/ Motorcraft filter for years now. I treated mine once and after 6K miles found the drained oil to be visually darker compared to previous and subsequent oil changes.

Only oil additive I would ever use but, not something I would use every oil change due to the $38 oil/fuel treatment kit cost.

I might use Rislone on a '60's or '70's if need be but, Snake Oil? There's a little more to it than that.

GT

Not only soaks into the metals, it dissolves carbon like it's goin' out of style!
I've used Mobil1 5W-30 w/ Motorcraft filter for years now. I treated mine once and after 6K miles found the drained oil to be visually darker compared to previous and subsequent oil changes.

Only oil additive I would ever use but, not something I would use every oil change due to the $38 oil/fuel treatment kit cost.

I might use Rislone on a '60's or '70's if need be but, Snake Oil? There's a little more to it than that.

GT

That added darkness to the oil could be a number of things, and not necessarily carbon. If I wanted to clean my crankcase out, I'd put in some synthetic oil, or add some Seafoam to it for $8.

My '98 DD took to the synthetic oil very well. Gained 3 mpg on paper from the 1st use. Daily commute is about 45 miles round trip with a good combo of highway & in-town driving. Have averaged somewhere between 27.4 to 27.8 over and over again in the summer. Winter, a little less.

I've heard some bad stories / affects with the Seafoam usage. Have you used this product yourself?

GT

I ran Seafoam through the intake on my Mustang, and Jeep.

It made a ton of smoke, but not much else. Both seemed to run maybe a little smoother after the treatment.

Nothing I would put into the engine, though...

Rumor has it that Billy Mays will be endorsing Z-Max during their next round of infomercials... :shrug:

RookeShieldsBackontheBoards008-vi1.jpg

:lol: