ZEX or GEARS? Help

Rains

Founding Member
Oct 14, 2002
Chico, CALIFORNIA!!!
Well, I want both but only want to pay for 1 :D

what would you get if you had the choice??

What would you have more fun with?

Gears (3:55's) Installed 450.00
ZEX (75-125 Kit) 479.99 I can Install

what would you get?

Also, how much would gears drop my 1/4 mile time??

• Sponsors (?)

Rains said:
Well, I want both but only want to pay for 1 :D

what would you get if you had the choice??

What would you have more fun with?

Gears (3:55's) Installed 450.00
ZEX (75-125 Kit) 479.99 I can Install

what would you get?

Also, how much would gears drop my 1/4 mile time??

Gears.......

w/ a kit you still have to fill it up when ever you run out and whats that going to cost you in the long run?????????

yea second that...youll feel a good change with gears.....not as much as nitrous Oxide (dedicated to my pal 1105) but.....My goal is to get to 300 rwhp and then mabye add a 100 shot forn those pesky corvettes

stang_gt_1994 said:
That is when you put a taller tire on you car. lol. He dident say anything about a SC so that is why I suggested them, but I did not say you must get 4.10's.

I realize that but you have to think about future mods to so your not going back and changing everything on the car b/c you dident set it up right in the first place. If you know for sure that your never going to put on a power adder then go for 4.10s. if your wishy washy on a power adder then stick to 3.55's or 3.73's b/c 4.10s in a blow car are worthless.

Striped5.0 said:
I realize that but you have to think about future mods to so your not going back and changing everything on the car b/c you dident set it up right in the first place. If you know for sure that your never going to put on a power adder then go for 4.10s. if your wishy washy on a power adder then stick to 3.55's or 3.73's b/c 4.10s in a blow car are worthless.

Well said

I say gears also. You said that you only wanna pay for one. That sounds to me like you are on a budget. When I bought my Zex kit I then had to buy a bunch of other parts to go with it(Bottle warmer, Purge kit, nitrous pressure gauge, window switch, sparkplugs, and a new intank fuel pump).

LOL I guess it's decided, GEARS!

I wanted to be conservative w/ 3:55's but now i guess i'll go with the 3:73's

will i have to buy the aluminum driveshaft to go along with it?

Oh, and do they really drop a hold half second in the 1/4???

just a quick question on gears, will an auto with 410's rev too high at like 70 or 90 mph? sorry i didn twant to get ouf the subject, i'm thinkin gof gears myself too. dont really kno wwhat is stock on my 92 vert 5.0 for gears