Mustang5L5’s progress thread - Part 3

I did one on mine years ago, mine was the MS2PNP version and it was as simple as unplugging the factory unit, installing the MS unit, running a vacuum line through the firewall, and maybe a ground/power wire IIRC. Maybe those wires were for the Innovate LC2, don't remember, but that was easy as well! Car fired right up with the base tune and it worked really well.
Just I little int intimidated by the 02 controller wiring I guess

• Sponsors (?)

If you wire in a single O2 wide-band, you can just make an adapter to plug into the stock harness.

I have two wide-bands, so I’ll be going into the additional connector port. That’s the hardest part of this install. I need to make the harness and route it to the kick panel (along with the vac line)

To be honest, part of me wants to just wire it into the oem map sensor and call it a day. I think the only real pro of the on-board map is in case you were running boost. I won’t be, so I need to research this. I think you can configure the MAP in tuner studio to ECU mounted or external.

Soon……

Reactions: 1 user
Please do a detailed install of megasquirt and o2 controler as my brand new MSPNP2 is sitting in my dinning room for over a year now, I'm not 100 in the health dept. Hey but I'm working on it.
One foot in front of the other, brother. Never stop. The rate of progress is not as important as progress.

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users
If you wire in a single O2 wide-band, you can just make an adapter to plug into the stock harness.

I have two wide-bands, so I’ll be going into the additional connector port. That’s the hardest part of this install. I need to make the harness and route it to the kick panel (along with the vac line)

To be honest, part of me wants to just wire it into the oem map sensor and call it a day. I think the only real pro of the on-board map is in case you were running boost. I won’t be, so I need to research this. I think you can configure the MAP in tuner studio to ECU mounted or external.

Soon……
I was thinking about the Spartan3 lite 02 controller,and how the wiring of that should look like and also the 02 sensor wires themselves going threw the firewall?? I guess since this is my daily ride I over think everything. I blame it on my add

Gonna sell all Mustangs and children and buy one of these

IMG_9822.jpeg

Zero comparison on track.

Reactions: 1 user
How much for your mechanically handiest child? Do any of 'em do body work?

Also, dibs on the car. I'm collecting all the stangnet OG foxes. @GroverDill
I will be getting another fox, as soon as I get my pennies in order. New house stuff is never ending and stupid expensive, however I am down to 4200 left on the ZL1 so soon the pennies wont be so stretched

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
P
How much for your mechanically handiest child? Do any of 'em do body work?

Also, dibs on the car. I'm collecting all the stangnet OG foxes. @GroverDill

lol. I’d keep the fox, but I took a look at the SN95 and said to myself. “You aren’t making the cut!”

Spent all Sunday pointing every Porsche I see on the road here out to my wife telling her it was a sign.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users