07 Shelby Gt

bwcougar

Jul 7, 2007
Minnesota
Hello,
I just got my new Shelby GT and am enjoying it big time, sweet stance with the racing goodies under it, corners like its on rails, stops on a dime. but as allways I want or more like need more ponies and am looking at some options but dont want to void the warranty just yet with only 250 miles on it.

so my question is whats the biggest bang for the buck?

• Sponsors (?)

And I wouldn't highly modify the car because of its potential value as a collector car. I would be more inclined to modify a regular GT. Fact is modifications hurt the value of any car. I believe that would be especially true of limited edition cars.
I just traded a V6 for a GT. My dealer was even concerned that a mesh grill in the lower valance would discourage someone from buying it.
Dealers don't like mods, period. And if I were buying a classic car, even a more recent Mach 1, I would prefer one as close to original as possible.

I think the shelby gt still has the same three link suspenion. I would swap that out with an aftermarket one. Gears and tune like someone else suggested would be good. UD pullies and aluminum driveshaft would also do wonders while still looking mostly stock.

I wish I could have went with the GT 500 but I seemed to have misplaced the extra 25k lol
But you guys are right...think I will leave it alone and search for one I can play with.
Thanks for the input!