12.26 @ 111mph

bhuff30

Founding Member
Dec 11, 2001
Olathe KS
It's only half the size of a 4.6, but it's still a lot of fun. I took my 2.3 out to the track yesterday for some fun. It was a beautiful day, mid 70s and sunny which is near record high temperatures for Kansas in November.

My previous best was a 12.9@106ish, and I was always having trouble launching hard. The converter was too tight to get boost from the line, so I was getting consistent, but pathetic 2.0 60' times. A small shot of nitrous fixed it right up. I was only spraying a 45 shot, but gained .7 seconds and 5 mph.

Here's the full time slip:
60' 1.797 (The days for my poor 7.5" rear end are limited...)
330 5.071
1/8 7.834
1/8 88.50
1000 10.233
1/4 12.262
1/4 111.05

The combination is simple, and mostly stock/junk yard parts. I'm running 20psi, front mount intercooler, some home porting, and nittos. Stock 7.5 open rear end, stock turbo, stock computer (no tuner) and 17s all around. I've got a 3" cutout I open up at the track. On the street with the cutout closed, it is nice and quiet.

Here's a video of my first and best pass: YouTube - bhuff's 2.3 mustang, 12.26@111mph (45 shot)

Here's the car. As you see it is how I raced it and how it looks on the street. Yes, it's a huge POS, but I love it. No trailer queen here. I break it, I'm walking home.
p1010165xg6.jpg

Attachments

• p1010165xg6.jpg
    p1010165xg6.jpg
    369.7 KB · Views: 68
  • Sponsors (?)

Thanks. I've got jets for an 85 shot waiting to go in. That should give me an 11-something at 115mph. If the track wasn't so busy yesterday, I would have switch the jets around. I've got some work I need to do on the car though. The turbo is smoking (as you can see at the end of the video) and a few other oil leaks to seal up.

:nice: Thanks

Dude that thing is sweet. Pure gearhead style right there:D:nice:

The car is definately a budget build. I've had it for 9 years, and as I have money to spare, I'll put a little in. I've done pretty much everything on the car except mount and balance the tires! I bought a used C4 and rebuilt it, rebuilt the engine myself, ported the head, installed the valves, ect. The only thing I haven't messed with so far is the rear end, and it probably won't last much longer.

The car still has a full interior and is perfectly drivable. The only reason I can't drive it everyday are the oil leaks, and a smoking problem from the turbo, which I'll fix this winter. I really have done everything on a very tight budget. The wheels came from my dad's 06 GT, when he bought GT500 wheels.

So how much money has went into the car? Seems like quite the budget build? does it have a full interior?