12 second factory fox body

• Sponsors (?)

untouched motor from intake to oil pan stock exhaust maybe a k&n filter bump the timing remove front anti rollbar remove air from the rear tires bump the fronts a short belt slicks things like that.

Stock 13-second Fox....heard of them. Always know a guy, that knows a guy who owns one, but nobody ever seems to duplicate it when it counts.

...but a stock 12-second Fox.....nope.

So sorry-guess the eyewitness account wasn't good enough for you...hey, it was the mid 90's...probably still have a photo of it somewhere. Details I do recall...

Stock 91 Red GT
308 gears
full interior minus spare tire and jack
no skinnies, but McCreary slicks out back on drag lites
stock exhaust
timing to 17*
Launching 5000 rpm, shifted @ 5500
13.6x X 3 in Texas summer/fall time frame circa 1996
Owner's name, Tommy...

So sorry-guess the eyewitness account wasn't good enough for you...hey, it was the mid 90's...probably still have a photo of it somewhere. Details I do recall...

Stock 91 Red GT
308 gears
full interior minus spare tire and jack
no skinnies, but McCreary slicks out back on drag lites
stock exhaust
timing to 17*
Launching 5000 rpm, shifted @ 5500
13.6x X 3 in Texas summer/fall time frame circa 1996
Owner's name, Tommy...
And that's suposed to run 12's? Got a time slip....video....pics? Easy to tell a tall tale, but can you back it up with proof? I also find it funny that everyone else here feels the same way about a stock Fox body running 12's, but it was me who you chose to respond to. ;)

No, and I never claimed it ran 12s...just consistent 13.6os...where did you see that I said 12s? I must've missed it-oh wait, I know why-I didn't type that...like I said, it was mid 90s, and I was only a teenager barely able to keep gas (edit: or tires) in my Mustang, let alone afford a video camera. Now, just like the editor further up said, if it were gutted with better suspension, then yeah, I believe Tommy could've pulled it off...but I think he sold the car before he got married.

While I understand people come on here all the time and spew forth mountains worth of bovine excrement, I'm not one of those people, I have better things to do than berate my own integrity-lose my temper, yea sure, but what I saw with my own eyes is kinda burned there. I've owned my car literally half my life, have been involved with some good people, some not so good. I've rebuilt, or built about a dozen engines-mostly 5.0s or derivatives...nothing as fancy as I'm sure the likes of you guys have assembled, but what I don't really care for is someone calling me a liar, or using that line "where's the video?" I never laid claim to such a statement...just sayin' that's what I've seen...his was the quickest Fox Mustang that I'd call stock. Never said it was spectacular or something to write home about...just an observation.

I responded directly to you because you sound like that guy in the room who's always the cynic...that's your prerogative I guess...but, if I tell you I saw it, I'm not bs'ing you...or anyone else in here.

No, and I never claimed it ran 12s...just consistent 13.6os...where did you see that I said 12s? I must've missed it-oh wait, I know why-I didn't type that...like I said, it was mid 90s, and I was only a teenager barely able to keep gas (edit: or tires) in my Mustang, let alone afford a video camera. Now, just like the editor further up said, if it were gutted with better suspension, then yeah, I believe Tommy could've pulled it off...but I think he sold the car before he got married.

While I understand people come on here all the time and spew forth mountains worth of bovine excrement, I'm not one of those people, I have better things to do than berate my own integrity-lose my temper, yea sure, but what I saw with my own eyes is kinda burned there. I've owned my car literally half my life, have been involved with some good people, some not so good. I've rebuilt, or built about a dozen engines-mostly 5.0s or derivatives...nothing as fancy as I'm sure the likes of you guys have assembled, but what I don't really care for is someone calling me a liar, or using that line "where's the video?" I never laid claim to such a statement...just sayin' that's what I've seen...his was the quickest Fox Mustang that I'd call stock. Never said it was spectacular or something to write home about...just an observation.

I responded directly to you because you sound like that guy in the room who's always the cynic...that's your prerogative I guess...but, if I tell you I saw it, I'm not bs'ing you...or anyone else in here.

Eaaaasy does it Sally. Don't blow a gasket. :whine:

No, you didn't say 12's......I said 12's and the topic of this thread was 12's, so your comment was implied. If you meant 13's, you should have specified?

...and if you'll read my post, you'll notice I stated I had "heard of" 13's happening, I've just never seen it in person. A stock 13-second Fox Body is as rare as rocking horse :poo:. I've heard more than one person make the claim, so I'm not totally calling BS on it.....I just have never personally seen it accomplished. If you've done it, or saw it, that's great.....here's a cookie. :cookie: :cheers:

My car is slow as balls and run's 14's. So no cookie for me. :(

I went to Moroso in Palm Beach, Florida every Friday for 5 years (1994-1999). Got to know and hang with lots of Mustang guys (some on here). I know it's not a FOX body but there was a yellow 1995 GTS (stripped down GT from the factory) that ran constant 13.20's (best of 13.12). Come to find out the only mods it had was K&N filter, 14 degrees of timing, 3:73 gears, slicks and that's it. Everyone called BS, has to be nitrous hidden or something. A year later Ford SVT, Ford Engineer's and a few Ford employees came to Friday night Test & Tune to see this car run. He ran 13.20's three runs in a row. The Ford guys dissected the car while everyone watched for hours. In fact I didn't leave until I heard the final outcome. The outcome was true, it was stock. The 94-95's GT's and GTS's (215BHP / 190ish HP to the wheels) didn't run 13.99's at all stock. The FOX body's I've seen run high 13's stock probably every week, it wasn't anything new back then (even with 2:73 gears).

I got a upr pro series rear suspension with coil overs x brace on rear and full length frame connectors on my 88 coupe. The motor is stock except for a march ram air, under drive pulleys, headers off road h pipe, flowmasters, 190 lph fuel pump,3:73 gears and a gutted intirior. I will be running 17 x 9 rims with mickey thompson 275 40 17 et streets. I havent been to the track yet but im hoping for 12.50s. I will post my ets when i get them.

Look up cleanlx
His notch had gears bigger fuel pump and bigger mass air meter and maybe exhaust. On slicks It went 12.9

Posted via tapatalk

I searched old threads I couldn't find his track thread. But here's his car info

Mike H.
'92 deep jewel green coupe, MAM, clutch, full exhaust, gears, u/d's, air bag - otherwise, factory original.
232rwhp/292rwtq - 12.960 @ 104.016, 1.737 60', 2600 d/a...

Posted via tapatalk

The info is on this site I just don't want to sift through hundreds of threads to find it. He had a thread going about his track runs and the adjustments he made time slips notes and all. It was well documented.
tmoss do you have this info filed away anywhere?

Posted via tapatalk

I got a upr pro series rear suspension with coil overs x brace on rear and full length frame connectors on my 88 coupe. The motor is stock except for a march ram air, under drive pulleys, headers off road h pipe, flowmasters, 190 lph fuel pump,3:73 gears and a gutted intirior. I will be running 17 x 9 rims with mickey thompson 275 40 17 et streets. I havent been to the track yet but im hoping for 12.50s. I will post my ets when i get them.

Those tires aren't doing you any favors, but otherwise it should get there.

As you can see, my combo was similar to cleanlx. Mine went 12.91 @ 103.7 with 236rwhp and 303rwtq. But I was on 275/50-15 BFG DRs.

Reactions: 1 user