Fox 19.5 With +22offset On Fox Body

Randy1993/91

Jun 7, 2016
Hello I have a question is it possible to run a 19x9.5" +22 offset rim up front on a fox body? I have the rears with a 19x11 +24 offset and know I can fit them with a mini tub but just not sure if the front will work. If you guys have a tire size for front and back that would be awesome to. Thanks a lot

• Sponsors (?)

I've never tried that size before but I'm going to have to say it'd be incredibly tight up against your strut if it did fit. And if it did then the rim is going to stick out and you'll probably have a lot of rubbing issues anytime you go any direction other than straight. Why not run an 18x9" up front?

Reactions: 1 user
I've never tried that size before but I'm going to have to say it'd be incredibly tight up against your strut if it did fit. And if it did then the rim is going to stick out and you'll probably have a lot of rubbing issues anytime you go any direction other than straight. Why not run an 18x9" up front?
Thanks for the reply. We're currently in the process of building a notch for auto cross. Trying to shove as much rim and tire under her as I can.

Really not sure yet don't want to go with fiber glass flares. Guess I'm going to have to do some more digging around to see what set up will work the best.

I have a buddy that autocrosses a 4 eye fox and has 12" wide slicks up front. Not sure what size, I think they are 16" wheels. Let me shoot a text and see if i can get an answer.

@MFE92 might be able to shed some light on it as well.

I have to question the logic of large wheel and tiny sidewall when the object is to increase grip with the road surface.

Yeah. This guy is a serious autoxer. I'm pretty sure it's a 16x12 wheel with like a 26x12 tire. I think he cut his fenders too. I asked him to send pics. Such a bad ass car... He makes corners on three wheels.

I haven't autocrossed in years and I've given up trying to figure out what wheels fit on foxbodies, but I do know the CP Mustang autox guys run ridiculously wide tires. I think they've figured out there's simply no replacement for section width as far as autocrossing a mustang goes, and their rules allow for it.

No reply yet. He works shift work, so I really don't know when I'll hear from him. Wish I could find more pics.

Wheels- 16x12 ...tires 16x13x26
image.png

I'll try to get better pics later. He's busy at work.