1995 Mustang Gt Ecu/wiring Dilemma

raywagner132

May 11, 2012
Hello everyone, so im having a little dilemma as to if I want to buy a new stock wiring harness from painless performance or something comparable, or get a new ecu system, like the Pro-M, for my 5.0 Mustang. I definetely want a new harness, for sure, because the harness on this thing is rediculous. Most of the tabs on the connectors are broke, and wires are spliced in everywhere. Initially, i was thinking of just replacing the harness, but i would like to have the luxury of obd2 because it's easier to tune and the engine (imo) would run more efficiently. However, now I believe my pcm is dead because i replaced the ccrm module because my fuel pump wasnt priming and replaced the fuel pump, but it still doesn't prime thus meaning the car doesn't start. I also did electrical tests and made sure the inertia switch wasn't kicked, but its not so that isnt the cause unless it has an internal failure. So anyway, I will cut to the chase..to me i am thinking that I have 3 options, unless you guys know of another option that I am missing. 1: Pro-M ECU system, advantake to tthis is that I can get coil-on-plug, unlimited tunes, obd2, etc..looks like an awesome system but its going to run $2500-3000 2. New wiring harness from painless performance+89-93 distributor (because 94-95 has different connector), and a new pcm which would cost around $1000-1200 but i would have to pay for the tune and etc so i could see me spending more than that 3. I could try getting a harness froma 1996 F-150 5.0 and the computer from that vehicle and adapt it to mine, and get a tune, im guessing that would cost less than a grand because i see the harnesses and computers at salvage yards. Any advice? I plan on doing more upgrades down the road so having to pay for a tune over and over would be nice

• Sponsors (?)