1st probrem with my baby!!! HELP!!!!

mity2

I like Pro3 and all I got was this crappy CT.
Jul 24, 2003
StateCollege PA
community.webshots.com
1st SERIOUS probrem with my baby!!! HELP!!!!

My car is experiencing 1st serious probrem!!! she'll start, and stay running as long as i give it a gas, but as soon as I let go the gas, she dies. Another word, it wond idle. what could it be???? No CEL, and it just suddenly happened!!!! HELP!!!

edit - is it the idle air control valve I've heard many many times about??

• Sponsors (?)

mity2 said:
My car is experiencing 1st serious probrem!!! she'll start, and stay running as long as i give it a gas, but as soon as I let go the gas, she dies. Another word, it wond idle. what could it be???? No CEL, and it just suddenly happened!!!! HELP!!!

edit - is it the idle air control valve I've heard many many times about??

PCV valve :shrug:

cleaning the IAC is hit or miss. for some people it works great, others it doesnt work at all, others it works for a week or 2, then craps out. i would only clean it if i didnt have a new one ready to throw in, or if i had to order a new one and they didnt have it in stock.

Usually this is the IAC or a vacuum leak. Check all your vacuum hoses, make sure they are snug and not cracked. If you are suspisious of a line, put really soapy water on it - a leak will bubble.

Definately NOT the PCV. :nonono:

Good luck.

well, I went to local shop where I use, and asked owner if i can swipe one of Crown Vic's(belong to local cab company) IAC, he said go a head, he don't know nothing :D So i swiped it out(on Crown VIc, they are located on back side, and was bit hard to get my hand in there, but got it out, and swapped in to my car, and Vor'a She starts up right away, and stays running!!!
This soo wrong :nono: , so kids, don't do it, but i guess I'll give cabbie back my old one :) ....

Damn IAC.... :nonono: