2 lower ball joints: cost to replace?

• Sponsors (?)

seems kinda high :shrug:

and theres only 1 per side

I just called back to ask her specifically what the problem was, she said "the lower ball joints are bad. The uppers are fine"

I don't really know anything about the a-arm/ball joints/front suspension so I asked whether "ball joints" meant both sides or just the driver's side and she still said "the lower ones on the driver side". i dunno?
the steeda ball joints supposedly they help out alot when you have a lower mustang

Mine is lowered with Eibach Pro-Kit and Mach 1 shock/struts.. I think I'll do the Cobra a-arms like everyone is saying :)
I made the same mistake once( by just buying the ball joints). You should just buy 04 cobra control arms and have them installed, it will be the same price.

www.stangsuspension.com ~ coupon code "stangnet". Either go with 03/04 cobra control arms and swap them yourself (not hard, really), or go with Steeda x2 baljoints and do it your self. If you replace the balljoints yourself you just have to find somebody with a press to get the old balljoints out and the new ones in.

I think I'll pick up those Cobra ones... We did my springs in my garage but I think I'll have the shop do the a-arms. Too cold and not enough time. Thanks guys.

I just called back to ask her specifically what the problem was, she said "the lower ball joints are bad. The uppers are fine"

I don't really know anything about the a-arm/ball joints/front suspension so I asked whether "ball joints" meant both sides or just the driver's side and she still said "the lower ones on the driver side". i dunno?\.

whoever you bare talking to doesnt know what they are talking about. there is one lower BJ per side and it takes minimal time and skill to install them. i can do them in my driveway in less than an hour.

BTW our cars dont have upper ball joints. so i hope they havent gone bad:rlaugh:

How is this not tech? :scratch:

:lol: yeah, I know nothing about ball joints but I don't remember seeing any really odd things while doing springs/shocks. Upper ball joints :hail2:

Anyways, yeah, I know the a-arm job is pretty simple. We did my springs/shocks about 2 years ago in my driveway during the summer with hand tools and jacks. It doesn't seem like it would be hard to remove the a-arms, especially now with aftermarket springs.

However, it's cold as heck and the extra set of hands I had that summer is currently off at college. So I'm just going to pay a shop for the labor, darn easy money for them.

I looked at the Ford paperwork when I picked up the car, it says "NEEDS LOWER BALL JOINTS (2 EACH)" at 2 hours each. 4 hours and parts for $621. :nonono: I just wonder if they were going to replace the ball joints even though it seems it would be cheaper to just put in new a-arms. I was quoted 2 hours labor to install a set of new a-arms from a different dealership. friggin dealerships. Cost $180~ shipped for 03/04 a-arms from GEF.

if i were u i would just do them myself. i found that the job by the books is 3.1 hours so cost will vary by shop. they arent hard i have done many you should be able to get them done.

IN My experience ford service department could care less that Ford Racing Makes all these parts for our cars. And you are right about labor to install parts some charge more than twice as much as others.

yeah, i even asked once if i bought the parts through the dealer and had them install it, whether it would have a warranty. they basically told me if it wasn't stock, it would void everything. :rolleyes:
if you were closer to me jojo i'd do it for ya
i wish we were closer, there's been tons of mod you said you'd help with :drool:
if i were u i would just do them myself. i found that the job by the books is 3.1 hours so cost will vary by shop. they arent hard i have done many you should be able to get them done.

I'm debating it, even 2 hours shop time (at minimum) is worth maybe 4 hours of my time. Just time is tight with school and full time work... but still... so easy... arg