2 ?'s - midpipe and clutch

timeless2

Vi Veri Veni Versum Vicus Vici
Admin Dude
Nov 29, 1999
the Shadow Gallery
www.stangnet.com
Two quick questions for you guys:

1. I finished my MAC o/r h installation (on my 04 GT) last Wednesday. I wanted to make sure I didn't have exhaust leaks. I cannot hear any "piffing" or such things that I have heard on other cars. The only new sound I heard with the cats is the light "whooshing" sound when I put the foot into the gas in any gear. I guess that is just air flow? Please help me figure out how to diagnose and leaks--I don't think I have any, but don't want to ignore it.

2. This question might be better for the 94-95 tech, but figured I would start here. My local club got together yesterday and this one girl had a 95 GT 5-speed and just as she started to push in her clutch, there was a light squeaking sound that went away as the clutch was fully disengaged. What could this be? It sound like crickets, to be honest. It wasn't a throwout, I don't think.

Thanks! :)

• Sponsors (?)

cobra2798 said:
I just installed an o/r x pipe on my car and i also hear the whooshing sound. I do believe it is just the unrestricted air flow. I like it, it sounds cool. I dont think you have a leak :nice:

I wasn't for sure. Yeah, it's only there when the engine is forced into a lug and it's not a tap or hiss...just sounds way different from the cats. My 1995 Cobra sounded this way, I guess, but's it's just been too long since I've heard it. :cheers:

To check for leaks just do it the old fashion way. Get under the car while its running and take a piece of computer paper or notebook paper and hold near the connections. If the paper moves you have a leak. Hold the paper by the corner so it is stiff. Hope that helps. As for the clutch noise you she might need just a litttle wd40.