2003 fog light installation

jorge gonzalez

Jun 30, 2009
I have an 03 3.8 with no fog lights, but there is a switch behind the defroster switch for the fog lights, my question is, Is there an electrical harness from the factory to install them ? The switch has wires in it but I don't know where they go.

Thank you,

Jorge[email protected]

• Sponsors (?)

i have the same problem going on. I have a 2004 Mustang, never came with fog lights but my buddy gave me his from his 2003 GT. Ive notice that theres factory upgrade switches (the two blank buttons) next to the defrost switch and i thought that maybe those can lead to the possible wiring for the fog lights. As far as which one of the two it is i dont know, Im in Iraq and I never had the time to investigate where those wires lead to but im also anxious to find out if anyone has a "Legit" way of installing those fog lights.

I researched it a little for my '01, and as far as I can tell the wiring for fogs is all there except the one under the bumper that extends from a harness plug to the two lights. I don't think the relay for the fogs is installed in the fuse box, either.

Doing it factory limits you to having the fogs on when the headlights are on. To be able to use them with the brights or just the parking lights, you'll have to wire them up with a new circuit. That's what I ended up doing- I used the relay that came with the light kit, and for the switch I found a lighted rocker at Radio Shack that is a perfect fit and looks factory. It was also $4 vs. the $25 or so that Ford wants for a factory switch!

Thanks Skymarshal, I have emailed my buddy back home telling him what you posted regarding the fog light install. He is taking care of my car and he volunteered to work on it when I order parts for it while im deployed. Ill get back at this post as soon as he finishes with the fog lights... thanks again!