2005 help

stangthang69

Nov 12, 2009
My wife was coming home the other night and all of a sudden her car starting smoking from under the hood and the car shut off and will not start. The smoke was from radiator fluid burning,from where it came from I do not know. I suspect the coolant got hot and came bubbling out of the reservoir. Now the car will not start theres a cranking sound when you turn the key but no start. I was wondering if theres a sensor that would trip when the engine got too hot and would prevent the car from starting? I suspect a water pump or thermostat is the culprit for overheating, I checked all the hoses and all are okay. Can someone help?

• Sponsors (?)

You seriously think we can help from here? If so you will need to provide detailed videos and pics along with ODB scans oil and antifreeze samples and electrical tests. :) If you ran the vehicle hot then that may explain why it wont crank. just my 2 cents worth.

smoke

i would not try to crank it again. first check the oil dipstick and see if there is antifreeze in it - oil will look like chocolate milk. if it does - your are tosted. a gasket has blown and engine case is full of antifreeze - expensive to fix.

if it does not have antifreeze in the engine block, it may not be as bad.

check all the hoses and belts. you can even remove the serpentine belt and check the free play of the water pump, steering pump, alternator etc.

you might have a ruptured hose that sprayed antifreeze on the belt causiong to smoke and slip.

take some pictures for better analysis

good luck:flag: