2005 V6 automatic?

REALM

Oct 22, 2004
I feel almost sacriligious considering this... I've always hated Mustang V6's, and not a fan of autos, but my current financial and family situation requires me to get a V6 auto.

The manual supposedly does a 7.0 seconds
Any idea what the auto does 0-60 and 1/4?

My Ram Hemi is in the mid 7's but gets 13MPG... it's killin' me. Can't afford it.

• Sponsors (?)

First, try the 2005 forum, since the new sixer is different then what we have.

My guesses
0-60 : 7.5 - 8.25 seconds
1/4 : 16's, maybe high 15's

And what do you mean by your current financial and family situation requires you to get a V6 auto. There are other cars on the market. Like the GT. It gets better mileage than your Ram, and you'lll still be fast.

According to some dealer info I saw, the 5-speed 05 4.0 is averaging high 14s ET. So an auto is probably a second back.

And as for fuel economy, I used to average 19 on my '96 5-speed, and they are more efficient than autos. The newer Stang isn't gonna be any better.

Carlos

REALM said:
I've always hated Mustang V6's, and not a fan of autos,

Then don't get one.

An Auto V6 wasn't my first choice, but I never HATED them. So since it fit my situation it was easy for me to settle.
But I don't see why you would consider something you've got such a deep rooted hatred for. I mean, get a minivan or something if you hate our cars that bad.

[QUOTE='66 coupe]Then don't get one.

An Auto V6 wasn't my first choice, but I never HATED them. So since it fit my situation it was easy for me to settle.
But I don't see why you would consider something you've got such a deep rooted hatred for. I mean, get a minivan or something if you hate our cars that bad.[/QUOTE]
:stupid:

[QUOTE='66 coupe]Then don't get one.

But I don't see why you would consider something you've got such a deep rooted hatred for. I mean, get a minivan or something if you hate our cars that bad.[/QUOTE]
I agree,DO NOT get one. It will just be another V6 owner putting down a great car because they couldn't afford the 8. Your financial situation must not too bad if it requires you to get a BRAND NEW 20K car,how sad that you must get a gorgeous sports coupe that most people would love to have,6 or 8 :( :(
Get a used V8,you can get a used '96-98 cobra cheapr than a new V6,get a used anything,but don't buy something you hate...if hating a car is possible.

Forgive my miscommunication, it's not that I think the V6 isn't worthy or anything, but I don't like the drivestrain loss in autos, but don't like driving a stick every day, and I need something everyone in my family can drive. As for my financial situation:

Right now I'm spending:
$340/month note
$430/month gas

Too much for a $20K truck.

So instead, I need to get something more economical.

Thought about a used GT, but 16mpg still don't cut if for me. I need at least 18 city & 22 interstate, preferably more, so a V6 is all I can do.

I apologize if I came off with the word "hated" so strongly. It's not that I hate V6 auto stangs, I just don't prefer them. I wouldn't even consider if I hated. Bad choice of words, my apologies.

I love the new Mustang looks, but I'm trying to get a house and need something my family can drive every day... hence the auto, and need a lot better MPG than 13, hence going from 4x4 to car. (I still have a lifted '90 Bronco for a 4x4, so I can get by with that for the farm).

I'm a big aftermarket fan though, so as long as I can eventually get the V6 auto into the 7.5 second range & mid 15's, (what my Ram does), then I'll be happy.

Again, my apologies for coming off bad.

supposedly doesnt the new V6 manual pull off the 0-60 in 7 seconds? i wouldnt imagine auto being TOO much more, some light modification could bring it into that range, right? (then again i dont know anything about the possibilities of this 4.0)

sounds like you are looking for more of a family car than a sports car to me...really good gas mileage, automatic tranny, etc. even with that kind of money, you can buy a '96 cavalier 2.0L automatic for about $2k-$3k, it gets great gas mileage, it has an auto, and spend the remaining $17k-$18k on a used mach 1 or something

Well I already got a car for the family (or future family to be rather) but just need something everyone can drive.

As for a family car, I'm not dying for money, but trying to buy a house... realized it's more important than my Hemi, but if I'm going to spend hundreds a dollars a month for a note, I sure as heck better like it. Like my grandfather said, "Don't ever buy anything you don't like... because you'll never ever like it." =)

So... going to keep my Bronco 4x4... live on a farm and need some type of 4x4, but I think I'd be happy with a Mustang. Haven't actually driven one yet, but will when it comes in.

Thanks all for the help, and keep the opinions comin'.

77sleeper,

Love your JFK icon. ;)

As for the Focus, just too... ricey for me. Pretty much my choices come down to:

'05 Mustang V6
'02-'05 Toyota Tacoma
'03+ Honda Accord Coupe
'01 Jeep Cherokee

Weird span of choices ain't it? I have particular tastes... LOL

The new 4.0L V6 in the 2005 mustang is the same engine in my 2003 Ranger. I have a stick and I get 19-20 MPG. With the mustang sitting lower and better airodynamics you should beable to get better then that. Even with and auto I would expect atleast 22+MPG.

REALM said:
77sleeper,

Love your JFK icon. ;)

As for the Focus, just too... ricey for me. Pretty much my choices come down to:

'05 Mustang V6
'02-'05 Toyota Tacoma
'03+ Honda Accord Coupe
'01 Jeep Cherokee

Weird span of choices ain't it? I have particular tastes... LOL

Accord V6 coupe? If so, spend the money on a Mustang GT.