2005 winter traction test

• Sponsors (?)

Just a pic I got off a Ford Employee web site. Describing all the winter testing
the 2005 has gone through.
I don't this the link will work, but I'll try. If not, I'll copy the article.
Richard

http://employees.ford.com/article_d...68&top=1&level=3&CFID=321199&CFTOKEN=81183501

Ford engineers test the new 2005 Mustang in snow and ice at Dearborn Proving Grounds.
The extreme winter weather gripping most of North America is great news for Team Mustang engineers. Some 100 prototypes of the all-new 2005 Mustang have so far endured more than 20,000 test days and logged over 1 million miles of cold weather testing.

"We have been testing about 100 Mustang prototypes in snow and ice from Michigan to Sweden," says Mark Rushbrook, Mustang’s vehicle dynamics supervisor. "It is not easy because the car has to be safe above all, but you can’t lose the fun element for our die-hard Mustang fans."

The 2005 Mustang provides improved capability in both snow and ice with standard all-season tires and available all-speed traction control and anti-lock brakes.

Both systems help the driver when traction is at a premium. The four-channel anti-lock brake system helps prevent wheel lock-up during hard braking so that the driver can steer and brake simultaneously. When accelerating on slippery surfaces, the all-speed traction control system can transfer torque across the rear axle and reduce power, if necessary, to help the driver maintain control.

The four-channel anti-lock brake system helps prevent wheel lock-up during hard braking so that the driver can steer and brake simultaneously. When accelerating on slippery surfaces, the all-speed traction control system can transfer torque across the rear axle and reduce power, if necessary, to help the driver maintain control.

WE ALREADY KNOW THIS. Our 99-04 Mustangs all have the SAME THING as the 2005 for traction control.

wow you guys are alll so greatful :rolleyes:
it says "The 2005 Mustang provides improved capability" mabie that means they improved the tracion control. Ive never been in a new mustang and seen it in action but I heard its not that great.

That's wrong. The Mustang is one of the best handling cars with traction control. You probably heard this bad rumor from the people who like the FWD Japanese imports and other ricers. Don't beleive them. I've driven my Mustang vehicles in snow/ice since 2000. I had a 2000 GT which I put 22,000 miles on it in one year. It was driven in the snow/ice for one winter. My wife damaged it and I bought another one in 2001. I also bought a 2002 V6 Mustang and I've been driving that one now for over 2 years in the winter in snow/ice and I have no problems with driving or handling. The traction control really helps a lot. Don't listen to them. Go out and buy yourself a Mustang GT and have some fun. :D

I have an '02 GT convertible. With blizzaks installed, and the traction control the car is the best winter car I have ever had. I'm not kidding, it's truly amazing. Before this car I would not even attempt to drive a Mustang in the winter and always parked them.

-Matthew