2006 Hot Rod Power Tour

jes72mustang

Mar 31, 2005
S. Central PA
OK I read in the new issue of Hot Rod that the power tour's final leg in 2006 will be from Harrisburg PA to Englishtown NJ on June 8th. My goal is to at some point do the whole tour and be a memeber of the long haul gang. However, I still have a lot that I want to do before I feel my 72 is ready for the whole tour, but since that final leg goes almost right through my neck of the woods, I thought I would give it a shot. So I am planning on it, anyone else planning on next year's tour?

• Sponsors (?)

jikelly said:
What route is the tour taking in 06? How close is it going to get to TX?

not gonna happen for 06, maybe we'll get lucky in 07. personally i thought it was a better arrangement for everyone to meet in the middle of the country. i even drove all the up to BFE oklahoma for the 03 tour, it was pretty cool but i wouldn't do it again with 4 adults and 3 kids in a mini van.

bnickel said:
not gonna happen for 06, maybe we'll get lucky in 07. personally i thought it was a better arrangement for everyone to meet in the middle of the country. i even drove all the up to BFE oklahoma for the 03 tour, it was pretty cool but i wouldn't do it again with 4 adults and 3 kids in a mini van.

Was it a "TAN" miniVAN? :)

bnickel said:
actually it was blue. what's up with the TAN van, did i miss something interesting?

There was that commercial a while back where they were paging a guy in the gym who had the "TAN" minivan. After like 10 minutes the guys finally comes to the desk. I think it was a Mitsubishi commercial for the Montero Sport! Oh well, I tried :bang:

ok now i get it, i remember that commercial. wasn't my minivan though, i hate those things, it was my friends wife's minivan. her last 4 vehicleas were minivans.

i have SUV's, mine is a 93 cherokee and my wife had a 01 explorer sport that we just traded on a 02 escape. we loved the explorer except for the mileage which is why we got her the escape. i wouldn't be caught dead driving a minivan.

i was thinking that maybe there was a atn minivan flashing people on the power tour or something.