2006 Mustang Shipping Info

gotgasracing

Jul 15, 2005
Hi guys, i know 2006 stangs are starting to hit dealers, i ordered one, the thing is i live in Monterrey Mexico, and my local dealer has no clue of a shipping info, delivery date or anything like it, i know its info not many have, but counting that there are several members who work for Ford (dealer or at the factory), i was wondering if anyone has any info on this matter, i wanted my mustang since march, and no manual mustang has arrived since, so now im waiting for a 2006 mustang.,..

P.s. ........ its been a looooooonnnnnngggg a** wait :mad:

thankz for all ur help

love the forum... its the only thing keeping me alive wile i wait.

• Sponsors (?)

tracking build

There are some ways to track the build... But you will need some info. Not sure if dealers down there are the same as in the states but when I ordered my 06 I got what they call a VOC - vehicle order confirmation, then a few days later I got the dealer to give me a copy of the DORA - Dealer order receipt acknowledgement. Both of these documents have the following info:
Dealer number (drop the letter if it has one), Order number, and Body type (ie GT coupe is T82). There is an 800 number - 9 6 2 - 3 7 4 6. Option 1, it's automated, you have to speak the info to her.
If you are Clean and Unscheduled then you know your order is in with Ford and you can check every Friday until she says Serialized, then it will switch to a build week, then built, and then shipped.
Of course once you know it was serialized your dealer should be able to get you a VIN#. If you get a vin, post up over at blueovalforums under the employee section, a guy "Kzinti" works for Ford and is tracking 06 orders for people. Check it out.
Hope this helps and good luck.

well this is how it works here in mexico, when the shippment gets here, the first ones to get to a dealer with money on hand WILL have a 2006 gt on that day, other than that u have to wait to be the first one to the dealer when the next shippment arrives, and who knows when that is going to happen

so no order

So you didn't really "order" one, you just told your dealer you want one... You can't put a deposit down for them to give you priority? Meaning you tell them what you want... agree on a price, and the get the car for you as soon as the can... If they do that, they should be able to get you info to track the order. If not, better just stop by every day until you see one you like.

Any idea on how many mustangs they get in each month? :shrug:

Every mustang GT that gets here is the same, u only have one option, either manual or auto, if its a manual, youll get it with cloth seats, if its auto youll get it with leather seats.... everything else is included whether u want it or not