2007 Barrett-Jackson Auto Auction

Tex81

Oct 5, 2004
Hey... I'm a Scottsdale local... went to Barrett-Jackson today and couldn't get all the pictures I wanted because it was a little bit crowded (and at this early stage of my life, I can't get any of the cars I wanted because they're all worth more than I am) but here's a few pictures for your viewing pleasure:

Barrett-Jackson008.jpg

GT350

Barrett-Jackson010.jpg

Mach I

Barrett-Jackson018.jpg

GT500KR

View attachment 409427

Ford had a pretty significant presence at the show with a new car display and some Mustangs drifting outside... this car, one other like it, and an 80s Fox body with police lights and siren were drifting and doing burnouts in the rain. I'm not personally a huge fan of drifting - seems like a big waste of good tires, but it does look fun.

View attachment 409429

Attachments

• Barrett-Jackson008.jpg
    Barrett-Jackson008.jpg
    130.7 KB · Views: 121
  • Barrett-Jackson010.jpg
    Barrett-Jackson010.jpg
    133.8 KB · Views: 124
  • Barrett-Jackson018.jpg
    Barrett-Jackson018.jpg
    113.2 KB · Views: 124
  • Sponsors (?)

Cool pics! I used to live in Scottsdale and went to the auction in the early-'80's. I remember seeing an absolutley perfect '67 GT350 that the new owner had paid $14,000 for. I thought he was nuts, after all who'd pay that for a Mustang?

I was watching some of the auction Thursday night and thought the average car sale prices seemed lower than in past years? Does this make sense or was I watching on an odd night?

Also I wish I was one of these bad-ass rich guys who purchased these things for fun and have hot little auctioneers help me bid.