2008 BULLITT 1/4 MILE TIMES

• Sponsors (?)

You guys watch internet videos too much get to a track once in while. Bullitts run 13.2's bone stock.

I sure hope that wasn't directed at me. I've been drag racing at the same track since 1982 and have plenty of passes under my belt, along with my share of trophies and prize money.

I've seen 08/09 Bullitts run low 13's with traction and a good driver, and I've seen them run 14's and 15's with crappy drivers who can't launch and/or shift. I've seen them go slow (with everyone else) on hot, humid days while they go quicker than they should in the late fall when the air is cool and crisp. There is no one single ET that defines how quick a Bullitt is. But, with traction, good driving, and cooperative weather, low 13's @ 105+ is about right.

went to the track on sat made 5 runs all between 13.90 & 13.70 at 103mph. i was not leaving the line hard. stock tires with crappy 60ft times . man its hard to race when u have a 8 sec drag car next to u rattling ur floor boards.. going 4 a tune instaling my headers and xpipe and c what it will run on some m/t drag radials....

I sure hope that wasn't directed at me. I've been drag racing at the same track since 1982 and have plenty of passes under my belt, along with my share of trophies and prize money.

I've seen 08/09 Bullitts run low 13's with traction and a good driver, and I've seen them run 14's and 15's with crappy drivers who can't launch and/or shift. I've seen them go slow (with everyone else) on hot, humid days while they go quicker than they should in the late fall when the air is cool and crisp. There is no one single ET that defines how quick a Bullitt is. But, with traction, good driving, and cooperative weather, low 13's @ 105+ is about right.

It wasn't really directed at anybody but, when somebody posts a video from the ***s at Edmunds.... that's worse then the females at Motor Trend. I've seen Bullitts (multiple) run 13.2-13.3 bone stock, cars are always slower in magazines unless they compare them head to head. For example Motor Trend rates the GT at 14.0 until they ran it against a 370Z where both cars ran 13.7. I never go by magazines, new Camaro 13.0?? Common they're an easy 12.8 car and the GT-500 at 12.8? The 1st gen ran 12.2's and 2010 I've seen run 11.9 I'm waiting to see another one back it up.

I am sure it's possible to get a stock Bullitt in the 13.20's. I ran my 08 GT a few weekends ago with the stock tires, tune and airbox. It went 13.12 at 106 MPH, the only mod was the 4.10 gears. the density altitude was 350' and the air was 58 degrees outside. Like Brian said, it's all in the driver and the air quality. I saw an 08 Bullitt that same night run 14.20's at 99 MPH all night long.

Charles was that the track at the nats this year? Its me First ford [Rick]. Just put blowers and stickeys on those bullitts and get em into the 12s and 11s.

Yep that was Indy. Great facility. Here's the line coming in.

It was 59 degres when we got there. I wish there would have been a little prep. My two best runs (out of 13 :eek:) were not my quickest time. Six or seven hot laps will do that though.

If the weather is right you have a chance for good times. Driver mod still needs work though.