2008 options

cfiscel

Oct 17, 2004
I was wondering if there was any truth to the rumor of HID headlights being available for the 2008 model year? What about retractable hardtops? Anyone know for sure? Thanks, Chris

• Sponsors (?)

HID - yes
Mood Lighting - yes
new paint colors - yes
retractable hardtop - no

Dealers should have the 08 order guides on Monday April 16.

Hopefully they should drop right in. Same for any tail lights that might come out in the future. Unless of course they redesign the body completely.

I wouldn't mind seeing a Ford rear tail light LED option. I'd hope it would be much more tastefully done than the BS horrid ricer wannabe aftermarket ones available for our cars right now.

Moon roofs as a factory option for '08 eh?

HID - yes
Mood Lighting - yes
new paint colors - yes
retractable hardtop - no

Dealers should have the 08 order guides on Monday April 16.

Will HID only be on special editions and not an option otherwise? I know Nissan only offers them on certain trim levels. Thanks for the info by the way. Chris

Considering the car has virtually ZERO interior lighting....I wonder if this can be hacked in to earlier models.

No foot well, no glove box, no console, and so on. :\

"He Who Has Lost One Too Many Quarters"

I personally don't care how the HIDs look, I like the way they perform. Much better for driving at night. Although the stock lights on the GT are pretty good for halogens.

I agree, HIDs a must for me on any new vehicle we purchase. I have HIDs on my 06 Lincoln LS. My previous 03 LS did not have HIDs., big mistake not getting HIDs on my 03 LS/ The HIDs on the 06 LS are significantly better than the standard halogens. The HID's on my wife's Murano are fantastic becuase the are also projector lens type lights. We rented a Murano that didn't have HID. It's headlamps were horrible compared to the HIDs.

As far as I know HIDs will be a stand alone option on any 08 Stang, but I could be surprised when the order guides come out. A big advantage of Ford is that Ford still has the most flexable options. As someone noted on Nissan (and most import brands) they only have a few option packages and usually the only way to get HID is to order a package that includes them.

Grabber Blue and Amber Gold.

Grabber Blue & Amber Gold are not 08 colors. They may be planned for the Boss SE in 09 or they may have been a trial baloon that's been dropped.

One new color is Vapor Silver, I already forgot what the other color is.
And there will be Dark Higland Green for the Bullitt SE mid year.

Edit -

There will also be new wheels, IIRC there will be optional wheels that look similar to what the Marauder had.

2008 order guides?

I thought I read that the 2008 order bank opened yesterday, 4/16/07. Has anyone heard anything about the availability of 2008 order guides?

I checked a couple of boards and couldn't find any updates.

Thanks,
Hadda70Mach1

Hadda70Mach1 said:
I thought I read that the 2008 order bank opened yesterday, 4/16/07. Has anyone heard anything about the availability of 2008 order guides?

I checked a couple of boards and couldn't find any updates.

Thanks,
Hadda70Mach1
i just called a dealer. they said 08 orders are available, but he didnt know the specifics to the new model options. tried to sell me an 07. :rlaugh: he is supposed to look into it for me to confirm all the ordering options.