2009 Camaro leaked image

Berserker said:
The only reason the Camaro didn't hold the same kind of appeal as the mustang is because as usual GM burplpuked on itself in 1970 and destroyed a really great car. The first gen is the only real camaro and the only camaro to ever have serious appeal equal to the mustang. I agree the mustang is the best package for the money and the sweetest looking ride to come along in a very long time.

I agree, 1st gen Camaros are f#$%ing hawt.

• Sponsors (?)

When you see the 2008 Challenger, you instantly think modern 1970 model. I don't see that in the camaro. Are they trying to get styling ques from many years. The front end looks like a 69, but the rear looks like an early 1970's style. I don't think they knew what they wanted. I sort of like the front from the doors forward, but can't stand the rear. The rear is way to short and I don't like the fastback roof-line. Just my two cents!!!!

Blk05Retro said:
When you see the 2008 Challenger, you instantly think modern 1970 model. I don't see that in the camaro. Are they trying to get styling ques from many years. The front end looks like a 69, but the rear looks like an early 1970's style. I don't think they knew what they wanted. I sort of like the front from the doors forward, but can't stand the rear. The rear is way to short and I don't like the fastback roof-line. Just my two cents!!!!

It's kinda hard to tell. What kind of retro look they were going for. Perhaps if I saw it in front of a mobile home. I would have a better opinion.:D

SVTdriver said:
It's kinda hard to tell. What kind of retro look they were going for. Perhaps if I saw it in front of a mobile home. I would have a better opinion

:lol:

Well one thing we can count on here is that GM will NEVER produce that car the way that's its shown here

162006144750.jpg

Its a pure concept, and unlikely to see ever the light of day in this form

>>> just wait until the bean counters have their way with it :banana: :banana: :banana:

Blk05Retro said:
The front end does not look like a 69. The hole problem is that it doesn't take enough from the first gen. The back looks corvettish. The rear 3 quarter is perfect. The fenderwells are arched like the 67' and 68' which I like much better than the flattened top of the 69' camaro but the arch should be brought forward at the bottom to bring in that camaro look.

SVTdriver said:
It's kinda hard to tell. What kind of retro look they were going for. Perhaps if I saw it in front of a mobile home. I would have a better opinion.:D
The last time a saw that was in the 80's and man I wish I could go back and grab them up.

I like the rear third of the car, but the front two thirds just looks like a squashed redone cadillac, inside does nothing for me either, and yes I have owned GM cars before so I'm not just being a "homer", the challenger is awesome, if I was to buy another new retro car I would seriously look at it. Even though the 05 GT isn't pushing over 300 hp, the looks are what made me want it in the first place. Frankly I don't care what a car comes from the factory with as far as power because the aftermarket is offering so much better parts and addons.

I Just watched coverage of the Detroit auto show. The Camaro was barley mentioned with doubt that it will be produced. But the Challenger was looked at more seriously with direct mention that they hoped it makes it to production. For a car that has been out of the picture for a few years and that has a large following, this Camaro concept should have garnered more attention. This car as is will not be built. It’s a loser unless they get serious about it. Can’t believe they actually started with the S197 to build a retro Camaro. GM sucks. :bs:

T4B said:
The front end looks a bit funny to me but otherwise I really like it.
the front end reminds me of the 88 monty carlo ss. been there done that i think the new challenger looks better then this car. looks like it is going to cost a bunch of money too which was its downfall in the first place. they keep competeing with there own corvette. idiots

couldn't let this go on forever without getting my opinions out there

I've been looking at all the pictures of the challenger and camaro, I thought the challenger looked nicely done and the camaro was a little off the mark.

Today I went to the auto show.

I think you HAVE to see both of these cars in person to make a decision.

I was very unimpressed with the challenger - quite plain in concept form, a little clunky, and it'll look horrible with regular sized wheels.

The camaro on the other hand was hot. The front end doesn't protrude nearly as much in person, it's got really nice hips, the profile is damn near perfect, and the roofline is strong without directly copying the older car (like the challenger does)

you really need to see the camaro before you pass judgement.... but, that was the concept, I only hope that the production car, if there is one, retains the strength and sexiness that they were able to create with the concept

that's what i have to say

j