2010, will it be better than this?

• Sponsors (?)

Muscle car does not equal luxuary car or even sports car in some instances. You're buying a totally different type of car.

For that matter you could get a hold of a GT for well below sticker like I did and dump the rest if not the full 50K price of the IS-F in mods and find yourself with a spaceship.

Pull up at the track meet that's right I work for NASA.

An ISF isn't 50 grand, it's 70. And runs mid0high 12s. For what it is, it's an awesome car. But it's a high-dollar luxury car. If you want a luxury car, buy an ISF, M5, CTSV, etc. If you're buying a Mustang, Camaro, or Challanger, it means you want a muscle car.

For the 70 grand that car costs, I'd buy a Z06. But that's still apples to oranges. I just don't like luxury cars ;)

I rechecked the site and its 53ish for the base model. However the base is quicker than the GT500. I think Ford has made the mustang a high price performace car that has missed its point for the Mustangs orignal target market. I know what I make could not pay for a ISF but on the same token I find it hard to afford a Mustang too.

I love the high performance luxury cars like the IS-F, M3, C63, S4, and the CTS-V. Its great for those who want a bit more "sophistication" or gadgets than the Mustangs and other muscle cars can offer, but don't want to sacrifice performance. If you think about what you are getting, those cars are actually a pretty amazing deal - you get luxury and high performance in a $50-65k package. To get each of them in seperate cars, you'd need to spend at least $35k for the luxury and $45k for the performance (stock of course).

In a couple years I'll have to make the difficult decision between using my savings for a condo downpayment or using a good portion of it for a new C63...