245/55s

• Sponsors (?)

cosmo said:
will the 244/55 16 on the stock 7" rims work all around or would they be to big for the front on the v6

Think i heard that 235 is the max you would want to go on stock 16", i may be wrong though....

245-50-16's are a fine fit on stock 16 rims and handle nicely with plenty of room to spare up front

i run 275-40-17's on my 98 v6 with 98 cobra rims all the way around with plenty of clearance

cobra232 said:
245-50-16's are a fine fit on stock 16 rims and handle nicely with plenty of room to spare up front

I have thought so too.....however, alot of folks do not think they can run the 245/50/16 on this new 05 mustang 16" stock wheel!!
Anybody done it yet??

You can do it, as far as clearance issues are concerned, with no problems. You'd want 245/55's, though, not 50's, to keep your speedometer accurate. HOWEVER, 245's are at the absolute limit of what's considered safe on 7" rims, and I'd be a little worried about the possibility of a tire coming loose while I'm doing 70 mph on the highway. So I got 235's for my car...Kumho Ecsta's, which cost 69.95. I drove my car straight to the tire dealer after I picked it up and traded in the stock 215's for a $50 credit each. So the new tires ended up costing me about twenty bucks apiece. The least expensive 245's I saw were something like $180 each, which helped make my decision.

Check out http://www.1010tires.com/tiresizecalculator.asp
for comparisons of tire sizes.

Rik said:
You can do it, as far as clearance issues are concerned, with no problems. You'd want 245/55's, though, not 50's, to keep your speedometer accurate. HOWEVER, 245's are at the absolute limit of what's considered safe on 7" rims, and I'd be a little worried about the possibility of a tire coming loose while I'm doing 70 mph on the highway. So I got 235's for my car...Kumho Ecsta's, which cost 69.95. I drove my car straight to the tire dealer after I picked it up and traded in the stock 215's for a $50 credit each. So the new tires ended up costing me about twenty bucks apiece. The least expensive 245's I saw were something like $180 each, which helped make my decision.

Check out http://www.1010tires.com/tiresizecalculator.asp
for comparisons of tire sizes.

Are Kuhmo tires pretty good in quality, for like a cheap tire?