300 hp or more?

bluewar82

Aug 24, 2009
Los Angeles
I am rebuilding my 1998 3.8L V6 engine. I want to get 300 or more horsepower out of it. Can anyone tell me what to do it. Supercharger, Cam, Fuel Injectors, Pulleys… What else? Also what would be the best transmission and rear gears for it? If I do all the mods is there anything I need to do with the fuel pump or fuel lines do deliver better fuel? PLEASE HELP

• Sponsors (?)

You can take your current block and make it a 4.2L/4.3L stroker, with a good enough cam and well ported heads and intakes, its a possibility to reach about 250-275rwhp on motor alone. Then add a minor shot of nitrous, and bingo! your 300 horses are at your door.

Do you plan on forging your bottom end? or you just doin a stock rebuild? Cam, head, and n2o will def get you there. I would recommend a 255 fuel pump and your lines will be fine. Im running stock lines and putting down low 500s to the wheels right now. As for injectors i believe 36lb injectors should be more than enough for you.
As far as power adder, turbo, sc, or n2o will all get you above 300hp. What about a m90 from the tbird. They can support 300hp. im sure you can find them cheap enough around you.