$3000 markup!?

Give the 05 mustang a few months.... let the hype on em simmer a little and the prices will lower.

I'm waiting till maybe January to get mine. I'm pretty sure the price will be lower by then. Give or take 1,000+ less (I hope :D )

• Sponsors (?)

Stang2k5 said:
These dealers are real greaseballs :notnice:

Or are the consummer's real idiots for paying the premium?

The dealer is only capitalizing on the demand vs supply for the car. I would do the same thing in a flash. Dealers can do this because some one will pay the premium to have it before someone else. Me, I'll just wait thanks.

Paying $3000 extra to have it first is dumb to me.

i paid $27.000 for mine including taxes etc, The MSRP on sticker was $27.025

IMO, the "I got my GT for XXXXXX" posts don't mean squat WITHOUT MENTIONING THE DEALER.

Just IMO. Why wouldn't you tell everybody about the dealer who gave you a deal?

RisingForce said:
i paid $27.000 for mine including taxes etc, The MSRP on sticker was $27.025

I stopped by a dealer here in Schaumburg, IL last night and they told me that they will be charging (when they get them in...forddirect says they have 2 but the dealer "hadn't seen any yet") $5000-$10000 over list price! I couldn't believe it...so I just walked out.

Wow...after reading these posts

it reminds me of a local dealership here. I have a Ford dealer about 5 min from the house and they are a sorry bunch of leg humpers. As soon as you drive onto the lot, they actually walk alongside your car and start talking to you about what you are looking to buy even before you park. Luckily I found one AWESOME dealership that I bought my last two stangs from and will get my '05 from as well. Sadly they are a good hours drive away, but well worth it. He actually told me I should wait until next fall to buy an '05 when he can get me money or a financing deal from Ford at the end of the model year in addition to his discount off of sticker price. If I buy one now, he said he'd be able to get it somewhere between invoice and MSRP. None of you should be paying above sticker for these things. Might also help to avoid cities. My little dealership I deal with is in the middle of the boonies, and doesnt have the overhead these megastore Ford dealers have. Plus they seem like nice people. The drawback is that I like dealing with them so much, I find it hard to ever consider any other brand of car based on my dealership experience. I mean really, how often does a car dealership tell you to wait to buy a car??? keep on looking, there have to be some other diamonds in the rough out there. This mark-up stuff is BS though.