302 vs 306 ?

• Sponsors (?)

Contact Brian @adperformance for a nice scat stroker kit.
Over the weekend I was watching HP TV i think. Anyways, they were at the track and a guy from Brooklyn was a running a 289 motor with an F-1 Procharger. Made roughly 1600hp and ran in the 7's. Not too shabby

Argh screw the 302 based idea and get a 351wor hell for the minimal added expense get a 393 for the extra 400 bux :nice: kick the crap out of any 302 based stroker on all fronts (except weight ;)) but who cares about the weight when you have a kick ass rod ratio and an extra 100 ft lbs :D and 50 hp plus stronger... EVERYTHING. Ditch the weak 302 its just gods way of saying its time to move into something better ;)

note* 50 hp and 100 ft lbs are based loosely on the idea that adding 90 ci and a longer stroke will increase power dramaticaly even using crapy e7 heads you can still get 380 hp and 410 ftlbs torque (without porting) with a 393.... GO BIG!!!!!!!

OK let me get flamed for this one, but if a turbo and ported 4 cylinder can make 500hp, there's no reason a "weak" 302 cant. And if you can get 1000hp out of a well built and forced induction 281 mod motor, there's no reason a 302 cant.

I do agree though that it's a lot easier and a lot quicker to get easy power from a 351W based stroker. And you can save the extra 100 pounds you get with aluminum heads and a tubular K member, which are 2 things that are good to get anyways. With those 2 mods you'll weight less than a stock 302 with stock K.

IndyBlk5.0 said:
with bring a lower end into the shop, and i would need a new block probably too... what would be a estimated cost for building the motor with all my parts but stroking it to say a 327-331... and a 347?
YOu can get a stroker for a 347 from 1100-1500 depending on rather or not you get any upgrades...h-beams ect..kits with forged cranks are usually round 300$ more. I bought my 347 kit, with oil pan, main stud girdle, hbeam, w/dished psitons for 1800. all scat parts. bought mine from www.online-racer.com