30lb Injectors

tomustang

Psychotic Member
Founding Member
Jun 8, 2000
McLean Hospital
I can get them for free, but my cobra has 24lb stockers, is there an cheaper way to go bigger with the injectors without getting a tune, changing the MAF or whatever?

I figure if I did change the 24's with the 30's it'll run too rich before i do anything about it

http://www.cnlperformance.com/calibration.html

What about these calibration tubes, are these for use on only using the C&L parts?

• Sponsors (?)

Free? Throw em in & see what happens. Worse case senerio is you will have to take em back out. So? By the way what is cheaper than free? I raised my fuel pressure 10lbs & it helped dramatically with no other mods. Kinda the same thing. But adj. pressure regs aren't free.

I would think just swapping the 24's for the 30's would most definitely cause a rich condition. Also, as far as I know those calibration tubes are only for C&L MAF's, but don't quote me on that. Are you running a stock or aftermarket MAF currently?

U.M.

This will definitely cause a rich condition without the properly calibrated MAF, you'll see a huge loss in power as well. Best advice I can give you is get the injectors, since they're free, save up and buy a calibrated MAF from PRO-M or the like. C&L are okay, but won't work as good as most of the better ones out there. You can also get a chip to tune the vehicle's stock system to work with them, this will also allow you to tune the ignition timing to give you the nominal A/F ratios throughout your RPM band. Don't go cheap here, some things you just have to be more delicate with, otherwise other, mechanical issues may arise and may end up costing you thousands in the end.

Good luck.

This will definitely cause a rich condition without the properly calibrated MAF, you'll see a huge loss in power as well. Best advice I can give you is get the injectors, since they're free, save up and buy a calibrated MAF from PRO-M or the like. C&L are okay, but won't work as good as most of the better ones out there. You can also get a chip to tune the vehicle's stock system to work with them, this will also allow you to tune the ignition timing to give you the nominal A/F ratios throughout your RPM band. Don't go cheap here, some things you just have to be more delicate with, otherwise other, mechanical issues may arise and may end up costing you thousands in the end.

Good luck.

I already found 24's, friend had them :nice: