315's x40R17's

Piston

Founding Member
Aug 1, 2001
Chicago Suburbs
2003 Cobra Rims-Different Center Caps?

I got the 2003 cobra rims with 315's on them on a 10.5inch rim.
22part.jpg

Does anyone know if they have center caps with the words "GT"? Or even plain black ones?

Thanks,

• Sponsors (?)

I would say check on ebay... I too just bought some AFS 03's and i ordered some 315/35/17's for them... I know one company on ebay sells different center caps... But i think all they have is like the AFS ones and the pony ones..

Did you get the BFG T/A's? I was trying to decide if i wanted them or Nitto 555R's... I looked at some reviews and they weren't very good with the BFG's... People complained about traction issues and the tire wore out fast...

I'm hoping some of my traction problems go away with these tires. Basically my tires would break lose at 5500RPM's if i kept my foot in it (275's NT555r Nittos on 18inch Rims).

Drew,
I found those very same centercaps but I don't like the stripes that come with the pony. The pony on black would look sweet but the stripes kill me.
I can't really find anything except the snake and the ones you found. Did see "SVT" centercaps on a set of Cobra's but not for sale. The search continues.

Moneypit,
Good choice of user name. I sure know how big of a pit these projects become. I guess I'll know a bit more on my traction issues this spring when I roll out my new motor. However, with my 18inch rims the nittos didn't really do much for me. Had to baby it out of the whole only to tare them up again high in the R's. Needless to say my best run was a 13.1 @ 110 spinning down the track through third. I could probably have broke into the 12's with a couple more runs but didn't have the oppportunity to try. I'm hoping the bfgoodrich drag radials work out but my nittos didn't measure up. I'm thinking it was more of a 18inch rim problem then anything else. They held up pretty nice though.