393 EFI stroker tuning questions?

Ok I had a 98 Gt so i'm familer with some tuning and dyno tuning of these cars but my 95 gt i think is a different story. I'm working on a 393 stroker right now with around 10:1 compression, Gt 40 heads, stock cam( for now), Professional products upper/lower 351 efi intake, hooker super comp 351w swap shortie headers. I know it should be built more for a 393 stroker but the engine was completely wore out..had this done for the same price as a rebuild of stock 5.0...Heres my question. What direction should I could in ways of having this tuned?

Thinking, 42# injectors? 255lph fuel pump, and some kind of A/m MAF calibrated to the new injectors. What do you guys do for tunes here? Dyno or can you have someone do an off the shelf for now. I'm 4 hours away from closest dyno which is Dynospeed racing in memphis ( tuned my 98gt twice good guys)

Just trying to get some ideas on this so i am aware of whats needed to be done.

• Sponsors (?)

The 42# injectors and 255 pump will support 450-500rwhp NA, so you're good to go there. If you get a good MAF calibrated to the injectors you could probably get away without a tune for a while. It won't be ideal, but it should be driveable.

That setup is so off the wall you'll need to get it dyno tuned. A good tuner can probably send you a mail order tune that would be decent, but you'll still want to get it dyno tuned.

Are you planning on building it up more? Bigger H/C/I? That setup will probably make around 300rwhp/480rwtq and it'll stop making power by 4500rpm or sooner. If you go with 1.7 RR's and install the stock cam 4 degrees retarded you might be able to move the power band up by 500-600 rpm. Not sure how well it would respond with the GT40 heads though.

I'd agree with Mike about the 42's and matching meter :)

Idle and cruise will most likely be not all that good :notnice:
but
If you can get it rolling ... you most likely can live with it :shrug:

The prob is the big inj's squirt out so much fuel when the pcm
calls for them to be closed or barely open it just usually ends
up being way too fat :(

You need the fuel to feed that stroker so I'd do as you have said and
make that the priority and tune to get the driveability/max power

Grady

Ok good to hear about the 42# injectors, MAf, Fuel pump tuning issues. Just wanted to make sure I was correct in my figuring.

Yeah I do plan I going bigger HCI at one point but for now this is good for me. My trans is a TKO unit as well. Now I just need to focus on body work and all that good stuff now that the car's heart is on a good note. Thanks guys!