4.10's or fr500's

forget the rims......i been reading threads about the 4.10's and people been saying its there best mod yet........so what all do i need for the install? i am taking it to my local speed shop most likely

• Sponsors (?)

Got my 4.10s in yesterday. Gears + labor was 475 out the door. A little high...but hey, I really trust that shop and the quality of their work. I happened to have a day off yesterday and called them around 2pm. They did my gears and chip/tune in about 3 hours. They didnt have to squeeze me in but they did anyway.

tough decision........im thinking of going with the fr500's and holding off with the 4.10s untill winter what do you guys think?......oh and i realize some of you guys are going to think gears are only like 200 right lol.....but with installation and all that stuff will bump it up to around 8:notnice:

800? You can get FRPP gears for 140. My install took 1.5 hours and was 200. I bought my own fluid and friction modifier.

i guess shops around me are real exspensive.....keep getting quoted at 400........and as far as correcting the speed what should i use? if i go to a tuner could he just fix it ?
thanks

If you already have a handheld programmer, some can change the speedo. If not, you need to get a Speedo Recalibrator. I think they are still around 80-90 dollars, and can be purchased from Dallas Mustang, Brothers Performance..... etc.