4.6 hp

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Sponsors (?)

phalcrow said:
Ya, but it weighs 4000 pounds.

That is a bunch of bull ****, my 05 GT weighed 3476 lbs with a full tank of gas and full weight with no driver or cargo. The only options it does not have is the Shaker 1000, locking wheel nuts and the fancy rims, it has everything else available in 2005.

The HP ratings are still motor ratings, not wheel.

Not true. My friend has a 2006 Roush Sport, basically just body kits and interior dress up, with a bassani catted x, and i pull slightly on him. It is a very close race. But i do not have much done. Just an intake, bassani catted x, shifter, suspension, and 40's.

Comeon guys, this is rediculous....no need to start this pointless arguing. I dont have any problem with reporting this thread if it turns into a flame war.

propaganda382 your dead right on the HP ratings and 4.6rx7 like said, ALL HP ratings posted by ford are rated at the flywheel (aka brake HP) . End of story :)

Hmmm, around me, my 05 GT is running 13's( 13.71 @ 99, 13.72 @ 101, 13.76 @ 103 ) in the 1/4 with just a SLP LM axleback. Stock 99 - 04 Gt's with minor bolt ons, are running mid 14's. 14.5 @ 9x MPH seems to be the norm for them. Also on the dyno, my car made 276 RWHP compared to 235 RWHP from an 03 GT with a Magnaflow Catback system as his only mod. He was on the dyno right after me. There is a significant difference between the older GT's and the newer ones in performance right out of the box.

hotmustang331 said:
Comeon guys, this is rediculous....no need to start this pointless arguing. I dont have any problem with reporting this thread if it turns into a flame war.

propaganda382 your dead right on the HP ratings and 4.6rx7 like said, ALL HP ratings posted by ford are rated at the flywheel (aka brake HP) . End of story :)

No flame war here, probably should be moved to TALK though if this thread continues.

TGJ said:
Hmmm, around me, my 05 GT is running 13's( 13.71 @ 99, 13.72 @ 101, 13.76 @ 103 ) in the 1/4 with just a SLP LM axleback. Stock 99 - 04 Gt's with minor bolt ons, are running mid 14's. 14.5 @ 9x MPH seems to be the norm for them. Also on the dyno, my car made 276 RWHP compared to 235 RWHP from an 03 GT with a Magnaflow Catback system as his only mod. He was on the dyno right after me. There is a significant difference between the older GT's and the newer ones in performance right out of the box.
Funny cuz that means you would lose to my 2000 GT :shrug: . Mods are K&N filter, x-pipe, and catback. The road course suspension setup (2+'' drop and stiff shocks/struts) and my 18's are actually killing me as well, but didn't stop this VERY LIGHTLY modded 99-04 GT from running [email protected] with ****ty tires. I'll let you know how it does after the 3.73's go in and on the new street tires :D

Status
Not open for further replies.