4.6 Newbie help!

dakrt123

Jul 3, 2006
Im a 5.0 foxbody guy by nature, just sold my last one 2 months and have been looking but now my finances have gone up substantially and need help with these kind of cars! Like i said i dont really now what the power is like compared to modded fox, but i saw this and am liking it what do you guys think and what is the speed/ times like in the 4.6 mod motors, p.s. is '98 gts the first year of p.i. motor or what did they put out stock? Thanks alot for helping out an old 5.0 Bro.
Heres the car:
This is a definite head turner! I get lots of comments from people when I drive. Must see and HEAR to believe... $13.5k O.B.O. Very slick fully street legal '98 GT w/ full Saleen body kit including hood; Vortech supercharger w/ 6-8 lbs boost pushing about 350 hp at the wheels; full fuel system upgrade: Vortech fuel lines and Fuel Management Unit, computer chip, and fuel injectors; Basani X-pipe; Flowmaster 2 chamber exhaust w/ turn down tailpipes; 3.73 gears; underdrive pulleys; Hotchkins sway bar; lowered 1.5" all around on Bilstein shocks w/ Maximum Motor Sports springs; lower control arms; Saleen camber caster plates; subframe connectors; short throw shifter w/ racing clutch; 13" Mustang Bullitt disc brakes in front including custom red brake caliper with white Mustang horse logo and cross drilled rotors in back; 9mm Ford Racing Heavy Duty ingition wires; beautiful 18" chrome rims; Cobra crystal clear headlights, fog lights, and clear corners; custom grill; Cobra white guage cluster; Mustang Bullitt leather ergonomic shift knob; aluminum racing pedals; Mach 460 sound system --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Recently (beginning of '06) majorly serviced to restore to perfect condition! Runs like new! Over $3000 invested!!! Get this checked by your own mechanic! Brand new heavy duty ingnition wires; replaced Ford's faulty intake manifold w/ aluminum aftermarket unit; replaced serpentine belt and idler pully; new thermostat; new adjustable fuel pressure regulator, 255 lph fuel pump and fuel rail; new Walbro inline fuel pump w/ FTG; new D.P.F.E. sensor installed ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- New radiator installed 12/05. Last but not least, THIS CAR WAS METICULOUSLY CARED FOR and was always given high octane gas, fresh oil every 3000 miles and NEVER raced, although extremely fast. ALMOST ALL SERVICE RECORDS AVAILAB

• Sponsors (?)

The car described it worth $9k tops.

Modified cars, especially heavily modified ones like that 98 are worth less than stock ones.

Check the KBB and NADA value for the 98, subtract a few thousand for being heavily modified.

McTeague said:
The car described it worth $9k tops.

Modified cars, especially heavily modified ones like that 98 are worth less than stock ones.

Check the KBB and NADA value for the 98, subtract a few thousand for being heavily modified.
The bank doesn't care if it is modified (if you are borrowing)...just depends on what you want to spend for an already modded car. Works to your benefit if you save with someone elses sweat/cash. If you have 10K stock and you go and spend 5k on mods you will never recoup your money. But you buy a 10K car with 5k in mods already and you get it for 12k...well...

The simple fact of the matter is that heavily modded vehicles are worth less.

And no way is that 98 worth $13.5k

I do agree that used cars are a risk regardless though.

Okay thanks, yeah like I said im in the 10-12k range maybe little more/maybe little less but dont really wanna spend the 5k plus more to mod it,guess ill have to find a REALLY good deal on something or just wait. thanks all.

I can easily get $12K for my '98 and that's without a SC. I'd talk him down to 10K if you can. Sounds like a sweet car. I can be in a parking lot full of Mustang boxes and everyone ends up looking at mine.

McTeague said:
The simple fact of the matter is that heavily modded vehicles are worth less.

And no way is that 98 worth $13.5k

I do agree that used cars are a risk regardless though.

I dont understand where you get that line of thinking killy.

A car is worth what someone is willing to pay for it... end of story. I have never sold a car and someone wanted to pay less because it had headers.. more if anything.