4 Banger To Carb 302

sbrichardson86

May 15, 2014
I have a 92 lx hatch had a 2.3 motor and automatic transmission I've read it could be possible the 2.3 automatic could have 373 gears is this true and also I have a 5.0 ecm from a 89 gt and a 5 speed tranny in the car now with a motor from a 99 explorer put a rpm intake and 650 holley on it I have a efi dizzy in it and try to see if I can use the 2.3 wiring harness to power the efi coil and dizzy I've had the same setup before in my 87 t top gt just without the 2.3 harness it had the gt harness and ecm but I tied the harness back and all I have was a 6al msd box with efi dizzy and coil from factory please help

• Sponsors (?)

Couple things.... first, please post up your questions in the appropriate forum. Second, please at least try to use correct grammer. Most guys will skip right over a post like that as its too much work to read it. I have no cclue what you even said.

Oh, and welcome aboard

I did a Throttle body to Port EFI conversion on an '86. I had to rewire a bunch of stuff to make it work. I spent close to 40 hours looking at diagrams, and making the parts fit the connectors in the right order. It would have been a bunch easier to just replace the whole harness with the correct one for the parts. The 5.0 and the 2.3 wiring are completely different, even though they have the same connectors.