4 cyl. tranny into 5.0 need part #'s

scorp69

Founding Member
Feb 5, 2002
California
what is the size/part # I need for the pilot bearing when using a 4cyl trans into a 5.0? also, I assume the clutch to use is 10 1/2. anything else, please let me know. just want to make sure I have everything for this friday. also, what tranny fluid do some of you use?

• Sponsors (?)

scorp69 said:
what is the size/part # I need for the pilot bearing when using a 4cyl trans into a 5.0? also, I assume the clutch to use is 10 1/2. anything else, please let me know. just want to make sure I have everything for this friday. also, what tranny fluid do some of you use?

Not many here are going to be able to answer that. :nice:
Anyway.
87 Saab 900S pilot bearing. Autzone/Motormite P#-14765(that's probably not it but I'll check it in a few minutes)
Everything else should work fine.

scorp69 said:

Check the sticky tech thread up top. In there somewhere.

scorp69 said:

As for fluid I was told here recently that the Full synthetic ATF that I've been using may not be a good choice. I haven't looked into it much so you may ask around. At any rate I use Mobil 1 Full synthetic and I've never lost a manual trans in anything. Including making some 7.8-7.9 runs in the 1/8th.