5.0 MUSTANG INTAKE!! HELP!

OrangeMustangGt

Founding Member
Mar 7, 2002
Cape Cod, MA
OK, everyone says to get like a trickflow street intake, or the performer efi, or the cobra, etc. What i want to know, is these all are good on a stock engine, but i will be adding heads soon., Could i get a typhoon for now, and will that complement my heads? thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

cobra intake costs a little less than the trick flow intake or the performer intake, it also produces a little less power, a typhoon intake would not be good for your car because it is a replica of the edelbrock performer rpm, and you do not have enough power to run the typhoon, a typhoon lower and an edelbrock performer 5.0 upper would work though, but i would opt for the performer 5.0 intake which I am also getting, joe (vib) dyno'd it at 22 rwhp on stock heads, your best bet to purchase it is ebay

GreenMustangGt said:
OK, everyone says to get like a trickflow street intake, or the performer efi, or the cobra, etc. What i want to know, is these all are good on a stock engine, but i will be adding heads soon., Could i get a typhoon for now, and will that complement my heads? thanks!
on our engines, the intake is the main bottleneck. i got a trick flow street heat intake and ported stock heads (thumper). i'm looking to see about 250 rwhp and 280 rwtq with that combo.

the trick flows should help alot on a stock engine and even more on one with aftermarket heads.

17yrOldStanger said:
if the typhoon is a replica of the eddy rpm, then why does everyone still go out and buy the eddy knowing it is quite a bit more??? brand trust?
most buy the Edelbrock because most start out with the Performer 5.0....which is better for a mild combo, then swap out for the RPM upper later on...the RPM/Typhoon is a little much for a mild combo....and there is probably a little brand trust involved as well....

Anthony